Leaving packages in the rain

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Was observed by a supervisor and district manager on doing this for a mini fridge.. to an apartment stop 120ish feet from road. The district manager asked, “Am I not paying you to take the package there and back” and that it “wasn’t good customer service” because the customer decided to stand there with the door open and I didn’t have the fridge then and there.

I didn’t tell him it’s cause I my shoukders and upper back were sore as hell because I came in and helped preload the day before on the sort aisle.

The proper response is, "Who is the person most responsible for my safety?"

Last edited:

Foamer Pyle

In this scenario... Overweights/irregulars that need a signature, why would you even touch the package without first confirming that someone was home to sign?
Definately not moving a signature required Beefy box, before i find out, if someone is home. That being said, i still won’t bring it in your house, not even for money. Call me a grinch, but it’s not going down.

Raw

Raw Member
I don’t ring the door bell till the last box is at the door. I don’t run a concierge operation. Not putting your dinning room table and 10 chairs inside. If you want your furniture delivered inside, buy it from Rooms to Go.
We are only allowed to take one step in a house.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We are only allowed to take one step in a house.
Where does it say that? The only time any part of my body crosses a threshold is to place a package on it. No further. Call it bad customer relations, laziness, paranoia, whatever...I'm not going in. If I thought that the company would back us up if something happened, I would. But with this company no way, I don't care what the reason. The only way I'm going in is if there is an emergency.

Over disciplined0123

Where does it say that? The only time any part of my body crosses a threshold is to place a package on it. No further. Call it bad customer relations, laziness, paranoia, whatever...I'm not going in. If I thought that the company would back us up if something happened, I would. But with this company no way, I don't care what the reason. The only way I'm going in is if there is an emergency.
Happened in our center 15to 20 yrs ago A driver was asked to bring a box inside to lady’s kitchen table and he did . Well a hour latterthe same driver was taking off his route accused of stealing envelope of money that was on table

Raw

Raw Member
to put a pkg inside you need to take a step in with one foot to not overextend and risk injury....

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What if it’s a lonely housewife and she’s really hot and not wearing much with a cold drink in her hand

scooby0048

Happened in our center 15to 20 yrs ago A driver was asked to bring a box inside to lady’s kitchen table and he did . Well a hour latterthe same driver was taking off his route accused of stealing envelope of money that was on table
Too many shtbags out there who see UPS as their chance for a make believe life changing windfall by being litigious. "Oh the driver stole money or tried to rape me or damaged my Ming Dynasty vase". friend* them...

Last edited:

scooby0048

to put a pkg inside you need to take a step in with one foot to not overextend and risk injury....
Sure that's exactly how I'd do it. The person holding the door open like I'm going to come in and set their futon is in for a big surprise when I drop their crap ON the threshold and push it in just until it I am no longer holding it or the weight has taken over.

Re-Raise

The back of my package car turns into a kiddie pool by the end of a rainy day.

I had a customer ask the other day, “Does your truck always leak inside like that?”

“Only when it rains.”