Leaving packages in the rain

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I bag stuff every day, no big deal to me. On the rare occasion that I have 5 100 lb irregs going to one stop while raining, no way I'm just dumping the stuff in the rain. They will just get an info notice. We have a few jack rabbits that would, but they are the same ones crying about stop counts. I just remind em I got 61 today. IE is not going to turn me into a runner.
Some guys act all badass and say they dump it out in the rain "cause they don't give a eff". Well I bet they get rewarded with more stops too.
Out of sight, out of weather IS a method. Use it to your advantage.

Foamer Pyle

Whatever happened to out of sight, out of weather?
Good luck trying to out of sight furniture. Ups brought this crap on themselves, and i have had to do the exact same thing. You have that huge crap blocking you from doing anything after airs, it has to go. The customer, and UPS can own it. Customer knows that crap is coming, not my problem if your not home to open the garage. Anyway, no way i am putting them in your home. Barricade the front door, or stack them in front of the garage. On another note, the union boned us on the new contract in regards to the heavy oversized boxes. They needed to create at least one two man team in every center to safely deal with the overweight, oversize stuff.

Foamer Pyle

If it was me and 5 100lbs packages in my way of getting other stops out I'm dumping them and calling it a day. Most customers complain when packages dont get delivered not when weather is an issue and leaving them in undesirable spots. Drop and ask questions later that's the motto and make sure to ring the doorbell everytime no matter what.
I don’t ring the door bell till the last box is at the door. I don’t run a concierge operation. Not putting your dinning room table and 10 chairs inside. If you want your furniture delivered inside, buy it from Rooms to Go.

Last edited:

Foamer Pyle

I bag stuff every day, no big deal to me. On the rare occasion that I have 5 100 lb irregs going to one stop while raining, no way I'm just dumping the stuff in the rain. They will just get an info notice. We have a few jack rabbits that would, but they are the same ones crying about stop counts. I just remind em I got 61 today. IE is not going to turn me into a runner.
Some guys act all badass and say they dump it out in the rain "cause they don't give a eff". Well I bet they get rewarded with more stops too.
Out of sight, out of weather IS a method. Use it to your advantage.
Nah, UPS doesn’t care anymore. They have Had us releasing apartments for a long time now. They don’t want send agains, because they claim send agains lose UPS money. I am way past caring anymore. What really needs to happen is, every driver needs to refuse to deliver any package over 70 pounds without assistance. That would really put a wrench in the operation.

wayfair

swollen member
Nah, UPS doesn’t care anymore. They have Had us releasing apartments for a long time now. They don’t want send agains, because they claim send agains lose UPS money. I am way past caring anymore. What really needs to happen is, every driver needs to refuse to deliver any package over 70 pounds without assistance. That would really put a wrench in the operation.
there's an exception in the board... over 135 lbs or something

Over disciplined0123

I had 5 - 100 lb, particle board, fake furniture boxes down the center and rear of my pc. I had to get them off so I could get to my commercial bulk stops. It's pouring rain and this house has no porch or any other shelter. Was i wrong to just leave them in front of their garage?
I been in same situation before I would rip a couple dr bags and spread bags on top of packages then put a rock on it

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I never delivered anything over 70lbs without Teamster Assistance.
It wasn't safe.

No my problem....I couldn't care less about how hard I made it for my Management Team.
They were useless.

WTFm8

In this scenario... Overweights/irregulars that need a signature, why would you even touch the package without first confirming that someone was home to sign?

Was observed by a supervisor and district manager on doing this for a mini fridge.. to an apartment stop 120ish feet from road. The district manager asked, “Am I not paying you to take the package there and back” and that it “wasn’t good customer service” because the customer decided to stand there with the door open and I didn’t have the fridge then and there.

I didn’t tell him it’s cause I my shoukders and upper back were sore as hell because I came in and helped preload the day before on the sort aisle.