Leaving packages in the rain

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Out of sight, out of weather. I feel like a broken record. Of course this is only if they are not at home.

Does it piss you off, yes, but it is your job to safely deliver that package, be it 1 lb or 150.

Yeah, and then they refuse the Work Comp claim because the driver didn’t follow the methods when trying to provide good service. Nice try, go drink some more brown kool aid.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

We shouldn’t even have to bag them. It’s a waste of material and time and it’s bad for the environment. If you afford the amount of crap that these people order then you can afford to either cover your patio, put a tote where we can place them inside or give us your garage code. I had someone on Friday leave a 145lbs damage call tag out in the rain and the box was trashed left the RS1 and the phone number for the center on the front door for them to deal with. I 9.9/10 never bag packages and I’ve never been called out on it. Don’t want to deal with it? Go to the :censored2:ing store and pick it up.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Same thing that happened to customer service....
You can’t win with management when it comes to customer service. The other day I had envelopes completely drenched and falling apart, could have mushed it into a ball. Sheeted as damaged, messaged the center about it. Came in the next day and got yelled at for it because overnight they dried up and looked kinda okay. They told me I still should have made an attempt because it might have been important material. Then I get stuck looking like the bad guy? You’re the boss you go take it to them and explain what happened.

WTFm8

I EC large packages. If I can’t fit it in 2 bags I’ll try again the next day.

Quit being a runner and follow the methods/training. There’s a reason the union doesn’t recognize UPS production metrics.

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I EC large packages. If I can’t fit it in 2 bags I’ll try again the next day.

Quit being a runner and follow the methods/training. There’s a reason the union doesn’t recognize UPS production metrics.
I agree with you, but that reason is not to avoid damaged packages.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
These are not intelligent places to leave packages on rainy days.
E97BDF0C-8CDF-4B29-B482-6E194664739C.jpeg
4D28DF77-6F28-4701-A4B3-2F88C5B3A4D4.jpeg

john chesney

I had 5 - 100 lb, particle board, fake furniture boxes down the center and rear of my pc. I had to get them off so I could get to my commercial bulk stops. It's pouring rain and this house has no porch or any other shelter. Was i wrong to just leave them in front of their garage?
They ordered them they’re getting them. Rain or shine

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Personally I would of wrote a note on info notice boxes too large to leave in the rain. Ni1
If it was me and 5 100lbs packages in my way of getting other stops out I'm dumping them and calling it a day. Most customers complain when packages dont get delivered not when weather is an issue and leaving them in undesirable spots. Drop and ask questions later that's the motto and make sure to ring the doorbell everytime no matter what.

Nine5

Maybe you don't get the time credit for that but what are your choices? Sheet them as NI1 and work around them all day? Pick them back up as a damaged call tag a few days later?

Or take a few minutes ,lay a rain bag on the ground,split a few others open and tape them to the box, it's not that hard.
Or the person could be home I get paid to deliver them and I’ll get paid to pick them up no sweat off my back.....

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
For guys that say just dump it and run just be careful because a lot of people have cameras. If they complain and show the company you leaving it out of sight/weather it's you who will pay the price. To add insult to injury it will be you with the damage call take to pick it back up only to have yo redeliver it at a later time.

Tape a few bags together and cover the ground and the top. At least show you somewhat give a :censored2:.
If they would like to train me on how to tape dr bags together will be more then happy to do it until then if it doesn't fit in the bag it doesn't get one.

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
Aite your problem is what we new guys call unique because we wouldnt have room for those 5 irregs in our bricked out loads.
No center or on road supe is going to bring those to you to run later if They do then give them the address as the meet point no way you get stuck carrying them all day and guess what you have someone there to help carry them up the stairs (no bargain unit employee crap for mulit 100lb irregs plz)

What is done is done. Learn from it and move on in the future save that work for a 22.4 driver.

Zowert

When I have large irregulars delivered to me I make sure I’m home to receive them when the weather is bad. That or I’ll leave the garage unlocked with a note for whoever is delivering my stuff, so they can swing the door open and leave it in there. Some things are on the customer, we can’t do everything for them.