Legal Marijuana in CO and WA on Jan 1

cb1969

Maybe you missed the newsflash, this thread wasn't based upon drunk and high people going to work.

Read the drug and alcohol policy and CBA...miss the point you can be fired by UPS activities that did not happen at work. You can get DWI or DUI (depending on the state) say on a Friday night and go into the program under Article 35. If it happens again you are terminated by the contract. If UPS said you can not smoke a cigarette on the clock and the CBA says that you can be terminated if you do and you light on the clock...then bye bye! That's how it works!!! I didn't missed the thread...it was about would UPS change its Policy and no they wont nor will the Union try and force them to.

BrownChoice

Again, you are tying to take one sentence.... out of context.

The section you are "lifting" it from.... Article 35 Section 3.17....

Are part of the responsibilities of the MRO (Medical Review Officer).

Which is preceded, by the language relating to a positive drug test.

Context, in this area.... matters.

I am glad, you have read the whole contract 2 or 3 times.

But, making a "blanket" statement.... that taking controlled substances is OK.... is irresponsible.

-Bug-

You obviously have not read the whole thread. Or didnt understand the replies ive put in. I know what your saying, but why do you feel the need to troll? Or is that just how you are? People were implying about methadone. And i was showing them it was a disqualifying medicine for the DOT in any state, as well as ups obviously. I am sorry you feel like you have to point out my posts in a negative way. I was only trying to be informative.

About letting members on this forum aware it is alright to take prescriptions from their doctors even if it is a controlled substance. Im not talking about illegal drugs.

Is there anything in this reply you want to pick at? Sorry for making. "Blanket" statements.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
BUG, dont get me wrong. I do agree it is irresponsible of me to make blanket statements. I am sorry.

You don't need to apologize.

I applaud the fact.... that you have a copy of the contract.... and read it.

Article 35, is complex.

Something.... you just can't read.... and make general observations about.

I have dealt with (unfortunately).... many cases involving this language.

When I see glaring "misconceptions" of (any) contract language....

I attempt, to offer my proven experience. Some times.... it's not pretty.

But, it is.... the truth.

Your post has not been changed or modified by anyone.

It would appear your spelling is lame.

Meh....

My spelling is usually spot on. But, thanks for clarifying that.

BTW....I was thinking of someone else.

-Bug-

22.34life

whether a drug is legal or not does not mean anything in a companys substance policy some companys dont alow their people to smoke malboros and they are perfectly legal.