Legal Marijuana in CO and WA on Jan 1

Johney

Methadone is the only prescription medication that the annually DOT medical provider will disqualify a driver, prescribed it or not. This of course, depends on if said driver was honest on the examination forms when listing medications being prescribed.

I take a schedule 2 pain medication, and I get the full 2 years.
That's for your DOT physical isn't it? For a CDL drug test they don't ask what you take before the test. At least when I get my randoms they don't ask.

BrownChoice

That's for your DOT physical isn't it? For a CDL drug test they don't ask what you take before the test. At least when I get my randoms they don't ask.

Yea, the bi-annial/annual is when you list the meds you take. Says right there in the National Agreement, a driver can take controlled substances(except methadone).
I do know that my meds dont make me drowsy, even though one is oxycodone controlled Release tabs. I find it gives me a spurt of energy if anything other than keeping my pain at bay.

Put the pot down, please. Or not, either way have fun losing an 80-100k a year career because you show positive after something bad happens....

Johney

Yea, the bi-annial/annual is when you list the meds you take. Says right there in the National Agreement, a driver can take controlled substances(except methadone).
I do know that my meds dont make me drowsy, even though one is oxycodone controlled Release tabs. I find it gives me a spurt of energy if anything other than keeping my pain at bay.

Put the pot down, please. Or not, either way have fun losing an 80-100k a year career because you show positive after something bad happens....
That's my point. They don't drug test on your DOT physical.

Johney

I know they dont. But what are you trying to say? That you can be prescribed methadone and choose unwisely not to list it on the form?

I wouldnt if i were you. Its dishonest.
I'm talking about weed. If you smoke it you're not going to tell them on your DOT physical. CDL test's are random and they test for all drugs legal or not. If you test positive for Percocet they will want to see a script.Test positive for weed and you got some explaining to do.

PT Car Washer

The same thing will happen if you have to do a fitness for duty evaluation. If you work inside the building and test hot, there will be no explaining to do.

BrownChoice

No, cdl randoms do not test for every drug, bud. It is a panel test. Yes thc is on there, as is cocaine, amphetamine, methamphetamine, pcp, and opiates. Which by the way, percocet wont show up as an opiate considering its an opioid(semi-synthetic). The only thing that will show hot for opiates are codeine, morphine, or heroin which is converted to morphine in the liver. All are opiates. Non-synthetic.
Pain medications of the codone type are semi-synthetic, as is fentanyl, methadone, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, etc. none of those will be positive as an opiate. Trust me, i know what it is im talking sbout on this subject matter.
There looking mainly for illegal drugs on the cdl randoms. But if you are prescribed morphine, just be ready to show proof of that when the Medical Review Officer calls you up.

Johney

Side job as a Pharmacist? You may be right my info comes second hand. All I was saying is they don't test for drugs on your DOT physical card. This I do know for sure.

BrownChoice

Yea your right, no drug testing on the DOT physical. I am amazed at why they dont, must be due to something with the union. Or UPS is one of the few companies that believe what their employees do off the clock while at home id none of their business. And go figure that we as a company have the best safety ratings in the world as drivers.

No im not a pharmacist, although I probably know enough to be a bean counter. I just do a lot of research on a lot of different subjects, not just drugs. If something interests me, i like to know facts. Ill research until I know all about it.

upschuck

Yea your right, no drug testing on the DOT physical. I am amazed at why they dont, must be due to something with the union. Or UPS is one of the few companies that believe what their employees do off the clock while at home id none of their business. And go figure that we as a company have the best safety ratings in the world as drivers.

Union has nothing to do with DOT physicals. Those are federal requirements.

BrownChoice

The company could still make it a requirement in package. Problem is like I said, must be due to something with the union. Or like the other things I said after. Any other explanation?

PT Car Washer

Costs could be a factor. And how to make it fair. I mean not a way to just harass certain employees. The company can still force a Fitness for Duty Evaluation on any employee suspected of drug use or a danger to themselves or other employees.