Let the "Bands" begin. Salary Bands coming in April?

The Woodchuck

Greetings all, I have followed this site for years but never registered. This is my first post. I have been watching this thread with some interest and appreciate all of the comments that have been posted here. I just saw on upsers.com an announcement that was posted on March 29, 2011 that details the coming Pay Band change. It explains it in a very general and neutral way that basically explains nothing. It also says we will have it reviewed at our Merit Increase review. That of course didn't happen. The question that has not been addressed here is what is going to happen to my current salary? Will it change depending on what Pay Band I am slotted for? If it goes down, I will be extremely upset after I have worked for 15+ years to attain the salary I have. Can anyone confirm if people will lose salary. That's great that we are getting job salaries more aligned with the outside world, but what is gonna happen, can anyone shed some light this? Thanks

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Greetings all, I have followed this site for years but never registered. This is my first post. I have been watching this thread with some interest and appreciate all of the comments that have been posted here. I just saw on upsers.com an announcement that was posted on March 29, 2011 that details the coming Pay Band change. It explains it in a very general and neutral way that basically explains nothing. It also says we will have it reviewed at our Merit Increase review. That of course didn't happen. The question that has not been addressed here is what is going to happen to my current salary? Will it change depending on what Pay Band I am slotted for? If it goes down, I will be extremely upset after I have worked for 15+ years to attain the salary I have. Can anyone confirm if people will lose salary. That's great that we are getting job salaries more aligned with the outside world, but what is gonna happen, can anyone shed some light this? Thanks

I am finding out that we had a lot of underpaid management people at UPS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I understand that nobody's pay will be adjusted in their current positions.
Raises may reflect position within the band - lower if you are over the midpoint and higher if you are below.
One's pay will be adjusted if they opt-in to another position.

DataGurll

Some folks will find their job code has been changed as part of the job band initiative. This happened to me. I think this is will result in some folks moving higher or lower in the pay spectrum (in relation to the midpoint) which will either hurt you or help you. In most cases, I expect it will hurt you. My job code was realigned to a lower level title. My current pay is going to look higher on the pay scale once the new pay tables are in place.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Some folks will find their job code has been changed as part of the job band initiative. This happened to me. I think this is will result in some folks moving higher or lower in the pay spectrum (in relation to the midpoint) which will either hurt you or help you. In most cases, I expect it will hurt you. My job code was realigned to a lower level title. My current pay is going to look higher on the pay scale once the new pay tables are in place.

It's a good feeling to know you are overpaid! :wink2:

smokey

I have heard the Pay Band have been implemented in the OPS, any word for the NON op functions??? Can anyone confirm June??

BrownTie

I have heard the Pay Band have been implemented in the OPS, any word for the NON op functions??? Can anyone confirm June??

Nothing has change. I would imagine that a formal meeting with the DV would be first before any pay band is implemented.