Lets have a conversation on driving a package delivery truck

FanL

Hi guys, I am from a design team at Georgia Tech doing some research on the experience of package delivery drivers and working on improving it in the future, we would really appreciate it if anyone is willing to share their experiences of driving the vehicle and answering some questions on driving and the future of delivery driving including autonomous delivery vehicles. Hit me up in private conversation if you are interested! Thanks!

Here are a few questions:

1. What are some difficulties or challenges that slow down the delivery process (for package delivery drivers)?
2. What are some changes you'll like to see in the delivery process?
3. What are your thoughts on working with a semi-autonomous/fully autonomous delivery vehicle?

Edit(1):
The purpose of the research is not to replace the driver in this situation but instead to redefine the role of the driver and better the experience.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
So you want our suggestions on how to design an automated vehicle to put us out of work....Get the _____ out!

And BTW it is not a truck.

Oh and tell you idiot professor Brown Cafe is not a good research tool.

Hi guys, I am from a design team at Georgia Tech doing some research on the experience of package delivery drivers and working on improving it in the future, we would really appreciate it if anyone is willing to share their experiences of driving the truck and answering some questions on driving and the future of delivery driving including autonomous delivery trucks. Hit me up in private conversation if you are interested! Thanks!

1. What are some difficulties or challenges that slow down the delivery process (for package delivery drivers)?
3. What are your thoughts on working with a semi-autonomous/fully autonomous delivery truck?
Ask you professor what he would think of a computer teaching his class for him, then get back to us.

35years

Gravy route
Happens every fall. Some professor assigns a project and the kids come on here for research.

Remember Fed Ex started this way.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Hi guys, I am from a design team at Georgia Tech doing some research on the experience of package delivery drivers and working on improving it in the future, we would really appreciate it if anyone is willing to share their experiences of driving the vehicle and answering some questions on driving and the future of delivery driving including autonomous delivery vehicles. Hit me up in private conversation if you are interested! Thanks!

3. What are your thoughts on working with a semi-autonomous/fully autonomous delivery vehicle?

Edit(1):
The purpose of the research is not to replace the driver in this situation but instead to redefine the role of the driver and better the experience.

1. Management
2. Management
3. Good luck with that

I already have the faster package car.
cRH5deQTgTMR2.gif
O8gHfdQnBkFFu.gif

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Full frame
  • Solid front and rear axles on leaf springs
  • 700+ cubic feet of dedicated cargo space
  • DOT card required to drive
They're trucks regardless of how UPS chooses to market them.

542thruNthru

Edit(1):

1.Traffic and idiot customers.

2. Less technology. (ORION, Map Navigation, charging cradle.)

3. Mob justice against all autonomous vehicles.
source-10.gif

rod

Retired 22 years

Edit(1):
Its a waste of time for drivers to make suggestions. Many have tried--all have been ignored.