Letter for missed punch out

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
In CA you have to start your break no later than the 5th hour on duty. 1 min past and it's a violation. They have to pay you a full hour pay and you get an olcc. They used to change the times before but now, we have been told they cannot.

I would bet they can but have been forbidden from changing the times. Afterall, FedEx used the same antiquated system for so many years. I find it hard to believe they came up with a different one just for use in California.

MAKAVELI

I would bet they can but have been forbidden from changing the times. Afterall, FedEx used the same antiquated system for so many years. I find it hard to believe they came up with a different one just for use in California.
I wouldn't doubt that they could actually go into the system and change it. But I'm sure Memphis is tired of the lawsuits in CA and would know when someone's time card has been altered.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

In some states, you can waive the 5 hour rule, as in you agree that your break can start after that point. This is big deal for RTDs, because they start so early and can be right at mandatory break point when late freight arrives etc. Fred doesn't want his precious packages sitting there while the RTD takes a break. He could care less if you eat or not, except at peak where you will get an Egg McMuffin so you don't collapse and cost him more money.

dex 84

In some states, you can waive the 5 hour rule, as in you agree that your break can start after that point. This is big deal for RTDs, because they start so early and can be right at mandatory break point when late freight arrives etc. Fred doesn't want his precious packages sitting there while the RTD takes a break. He could care less if you eat or not, except at peak where you will get an Egg McMuffin so you don't collapse and cost him more money.

Oh man, I would abuse the hell out of the 5 hour rule if it was in effect in my state, especially if I was an RTD driver.

We also have the option of waiving the break if you don't work over 6 hours.

Are there some places where you have to take a break during a shift of less than 6 hours? State Law for me is over 6 take a half, over 12 take an hour.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Wait a minute, shill. What don't you understand about progressive discipline? It doesn't matter what the OLCC was for...it still counts towards the Big Picture of moving toward the door. When you have management writing you up for stupid :censored2: like this, what other even more stupid :censored2: is in the pipeline that will get you a letter or worse?

And as I said, if you're sweating OLCC's, you probably have good reason to do so.

59 Dano

Each location is different from one another - almost to the point of where they seem to be separate companies. Each one seems to have their own "flavor of the month" bugaboo that they're all down on everyone for, and then next month it's forgotten and on to something else.

As far as this forum is concerned, the only thing that's as bad as the lack of uniformity is complete uniformity.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
nd app
And as I said, if you're sweating OLCC's, you probably have good reason to do so.

You're pretty dense, so I guess I'll have to explain it...again. At a predatory company like FedEx, you're smart to "sweat" every discipline measure because the entire process is arbitrary, unfair, and differs widely from location to location, in spite of a discipline policy that is supposed to be uniform nationwide...but isn't.

Sparky

Here we can take a break at any time we want as long as it isn't within the first or last hour worked, hell I've done 14 hour days and took my hour break at the 12th hour because why the hell not.

59 Dano

nd app

You're pretty dense, so I guess I'll have to explain it...again. At a predatory company like FedEx, you're smart to "sweat" every discipline measure because the entire process is arbitrary, unfair, and differs widely from location to location, in spite of a discipline policy that is supposed to be uniform nationwide...but isn't.

Feel free to worry about OLCC's if it makes you happy.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well how about you tell me all about how OLCC's are being used to ruin couriers' careers?
Management doesn't not strike these from the record and will use this "tool" to their advantage to get rid of someone if they so please. But you're not able to grasp this concept since you obviously think all management is upstanding and trustworthy.

Purplepackage

Management doesn't not strike these from the record and will use this "tool" to their advantage to get rid of someone if they so please. But you're not able to grasp this concept since you obviously think all management is upstanding and trustworthy.

Express literally doesn't Fire anyone, they simply find a job for them to do that they can't mess up. Case and point a guy who has been in the company 25 years and all he is capable of doing is unloading and running a very simple pup route.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I've used my break for that plenty of times but that's my choice to make my day easier. I'll also go into a shuttle code sometimes when I set up my truck.

If your managers are outright asking you to work during your break, I think they could get themselves into real trouble. The break is supposed to be your time.
No shuttle codes without management approval at our station.

dex 84

No shuttle codes without management approval at our station.

I've heard that from people that work at other nearby stations too. I guess if that was the case I'd have to talk to management a lot more often or I'd just have a gap during my on road activity. I'm glad it's not something I have to worry about...

dezguy

Many moons ago, our rural routes were allowed to go into a 22 between towns. Once the DM caught wind of that, he put that to sleep real quick because it was getting those on rural routes realistic SPH numbers rather than some arbitrary number that didn't take into account the distance traveled. A few people who had never seen about a 6 on their review were suddenly getting 6.6 or higher, like they should have been getting all along because they were good workers.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Many moons ago, our rural routes were allowed to go into a 22 between towns. Once the DM caught wind of that, he put that to sleep real quick because it was getting those on rural routes realistic SPH numbers rather than some arbitrary number that didn't take into account the distance traveled. A few people who had never seen about a 6 on their review were suddenly getting 6.6 or higher, like they should have been getting all along because they were good workers.

I have a rural route and I haven't seen a gap report in months. I guess my manager got tired of me telling him that nothing was going to change. He used to ask me why it would take me 20 mins between stops sometimes, why my before and after break times had a ten minute gap, etc. I told him it is what it is. Don't care anymore to justify anything and I'm SURE not going to give up any of my break time to make his reports look good. Fortunately, he's a pushover. Lol.