Letter from the chairman BS

thedownhillEXPRESS

I like how Fred is bitching about a 35% corporate tax rate when FedEx Corp has paid an effective tax rate as low as -3.2

Another case of Fred trying to deflect blame for your miserable working conditions...

Make sure when they bring this up at a meeting, you ask if they know what Fedex's effective tax rate was, and proceed to tell them if they don't know....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/hollywood-protest-fedex-tax-rate_n_1232284.html

http://ctj.org/ctjreports/2011/11/corporate_taxpayers_corporate_tax_dodgers_2008-2010.php

Last edited:

Slave101

MD will be having a meeting tomorrow at our station, I guess this is definitely going to be mentioned and more excuses not to give a freaking good raise. So tired of this BS!!!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
MD will be having a meeting tomorrow at our station, I guess this is definitely going to be mentioned and more excuses not to give a freaking good raise. So tired of this BS!!!!
More than likely your MD is a huge weasel worshiper and has been practing his or hers song and dance to perfection in response to that question. Lies, that's all you gonna hear.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I like how Fred is bitching about a 35% corporate tax rate when FedEx Corp has paid an effective tax rate as low as -3.2

Another case of Fred trying to deflect blame for your miserable working conditions...

Make sure when they bring this up at a meeting, you ask if they know what Fedex's effective tax rate was, and proceed to tell them if they don't know....

Hollywood Activists Protest FedEx's Low Corporate Tax Rate (PHOTOS)

Corporate Taxpayers & Corporate Tax Dodgers, 2008-2010 | CTJReports

The 35% Corporate Tax Rate has been an ongoing GOP talking point. As you pointed out, FedEx pays far, far less than that, and so do the rest of the big companies bitching and moaning about being overtaxed. Poor little job creators. I'm sure they won't mention record profits, because that won't play very well into their sad refrain.

My guess is that it will be another "justification" for low or no raises, and our ridiculous medical and dental programs.

TUT

This is a total republican ruse. Always state your tax prior to deductions. Even though the net tax, the final amount is always a lot lower, embarrassingly low. Hey they have to have a reason to bitch otherwise they'd be ok with a Democratic president and that just can't be.