Letter of Suspension Question

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I pushed 2 instead of 1 on a signature required resi NDA saver after commit time, realized immediately I messed up, voided, rescanned, pushed 1 as per sup's instructions.
I have done that. I cant see the big deal? Manager is a fool.

Keenj

I don't know why you can't back out and correct it before you stop complete.

Seems like UPS is run like the military, if it makes sense, they don't do it.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I pushed 2 instead of 1 on a signature required resi NDA saver after commit time, realized immediately I messed up, voided, rescanned, pushed 1 as per sup's instructions.
My understanding is, is that you have 4 minutes to void and resheet a package. Also if you make that mistake again void resheet and the message the center. It is a bs suspension because they know whether it is a residental or commercial stop.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can make whatever corrections you want before you hit stop complete.

If you had served you would know that there are many similarities between UPS and the military.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My understanding is, is that you have 4 minutes to void and resheet a package. Also if you make that mistake again void resheet and the message the center. It is a bs suspension because they know whether it is a residental or commercial stop.

The problem is those drivers who will hit 2 when it really should be 1 just to avoid having the late air.

This is obviously not the case here and a 3 day suspension is over the top.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My girlfriends period is late.
She's a Keeper! Good Luck!

lYPKkl.gif

Browntown2014

Next time when the screen comes up that asks why was the saver late don't enter anything, restart the board after it reboots up it will allow you to go back to the step where you can hit 1 for residential

Keenj

Apparently not. I immediately voided it and still got hit.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We were told in a recent PCM that any late savers are an automatic refund to the customer, and that voiding and resheeting won't do any good.

I'm getting 3 days suspended for second write up for the same infraction even though I followed the sup's instructions on what to do next time it happened.

I explained that to him with the union steward present and I'm still getting the suspension. My question is, since I should document everything that happens, is it ok/legal to record these conversations if they happen in the future? Of course I will do it with their full knowledge if that'll help make it legit. I don't appreciate losing money because I got bum info from a sup.

I won't state the exact reason why I get the suspension because it's really not pertinent.
Do not record anything under any circumstances while on ups property

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Did you void the stop you entered as 2.......because if you didn't that's why they are mad........it came up on the ups report.......that's all they care about.....even so it's a bs suspension

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Did you void the stop you entered as 2.......because if you didn't that's why they are mad........it came up on the ups report.......that's all they care about.....even so it's a bs suspension
A job that is based upon repetition, discipline and routine...and not breaking it..accidental keystroke, gets a three day suspension. Wow. :D

milb

Respected Member
Just filling your file so when you do something really bad in their eyes, they can say look how thick their file is. always sign under protest, and always put comments on the letter. they don't like that.