Letter of Suspension Question

Keenj

Sounds like they are trying to get you for stealing time , having unauthorized passengers in UPS vehicles. Exactly who did you tick off at UPS

Aside from this suspension and a warning letter, nothing that I can think of. I'm still new at the company. I'm the guy who comes in, does what needs to be done and goes home.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I wasn't checking on her. She told me it happened last night after I got off work and the questions she was asked. I went on my AT&T account and printed off the record showing he indeed called her.
While you're looking at your account....how many other times has he called her on his cell since the holidays (and her job at UPS) ended in January? lol

clean hairy

Just filling your file so when you do something really bad in their eyes, they can say look how thick their file is. always sign under protest, and always put comments on the letter. they don't like that.
I don't sign nothing but my check and any required certifications.
In place of my name, the steward can put rts and his or her initials or name.

NXA

Next time when the screen comes up that asks why was the saver late don't enter anything, restart the board after it reboots up it will allow you to go back to the step where you can hit 1 for residential
Holy :censored2:. Is this true? If so, it should go in the "tips and tricks" thread. Dammm that's a headache saver for sure.

Keenj

While you're looking at your account....how many other times has he called her on his cell since the holidays (and her job at UPS) ended in January? lol

Don't know. Don't care. If she wants to leave me for another dude, she's free to do so. I'll have a replacement for her by the end of the week.

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
When you received advice from your supervisor to void the package and rescan it was it via diad message or over the phone? If it came through diad message in the future take a pic of the message to cover yourself. I advise drivers quite often to avoid phone conversations, I've seen plenty of times how supervisors will get a case of amnesia.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
seems like the OP should consider getting rid of the JOB

Will considering this guy has no reason to call his g/friend on his personal phone. She don't work there now. Nor was she a customer in this incident. Therefore this hr guy has no reason and I am pretty sure not allowed to call someones g/friend asking questions. It makes no sense.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Will considering this guy has no reason to call his g/friend on his personal phone. She don't work there now. Nor was she a customer in this incident. Therefore this hr guy has no reason and I am pretty sure not allowed to call someones g/friend asking questions. It makes no sense.
Do you agree with me, then? And if the OP is a new driver, may be time to find something else.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

We were told in a recent PCM that any late savers are an automatic refund to the customer, and that voiding and resheeting won't do any good.
I've also heard from customers at bus. stops it's nearly impossible to get this refund back....customer said she was on phone for hours and got nothing resolved and no refund

35years

Gravy route
Ok a new issue popped up. My girlfriend informed me that the HR manager called her yesterday (she used to be a preloader and a helper during the holidays and they still talk sometimes since she wants a more permanent position with the company) asking if she comes and visits me while I'm working or rides along with me which she doesn't. She brought me lunch one time in the recent past but has never met me when I was on the clock and certainly wasn't riding in my car except when she was my helper.
OK
Your GF was a temp preloader/your helper for peak.

The HR guy knows her and calls her using his own cell phone asking if she visits you or rides with you while on the clock.

She brings it up with you, and he makes her suspicious of you.

YES..Document it with a grievance immediately!
He has no business calling your girlfriend to ask such questions.

His motivation for doing so only make sense if:
He is after your job... In this case you had better document the harassment. He has no busness calling your GF and insinuating you meet her or other women on the clock.
OR
He is after you GF... In this case you want to make him fear for his own job by documenting this misbehavior.
OR
You really are meeting her or other women on the clock (or there is a rumor about it) and UPS only has telematics or other second hand info about your supposed misbehavior.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if someone is calling my gf/wife to question her and not asking me. I would believe that would be harassment and you should file immediately.

My wife has met me on route many times for lunch. There is nothing wrong with that. It's harassment and they are just trying to find any little thing they can.

It's time you start playing hard ball. Stop playing Defense and start playing offense.