LGBTQ

Gotta Go

A80F2EA9-13B6-49E9-8849-111C1FD96B95.jpeg

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
"If some kids are gonna be trans or gay, they shouldn't get to eat on the taxpayer dollar" sure seems like a great plan.

i oppose any federal involvement whatsoever in schooling

dont care what hill that kookie GOP senator wants to fight over, its worth it if it keeps the Feds from exercising more leverage over schools

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"If some kids are gonna be trans or gay, they shouldn't get to eat on the taxpayer dollar" sure seems like a great plan.

Well, at least politico buried the truth in there somewhere, even though you couldn't be bothered to find it.

“trying to deny school lunch programs for states that don’t do transgender ideology in the schools.”

Sounds like this bill is about "let's starve kids in states that don't allow us to psychologically torment and surgically mutilate and sterilize their children."

Last edited:

Non liberal

He is objecting to the possibility of the government pulling federal funding for school lunches if certain schools don’t require the ridiculous lgbtq curriculum or the absurd notion that males should be competing in female sport. Or that men should be allowed to use the ladies restrooms. He is trying to protect the schools from discrimination from the dems, like he should! We as a society really need to be responsible enough for reading the whole news article if we are going to participate in the fake news propaganda machine, and not just look at the pictures.

El Correcto

god is dead
i oppose any federal involvement whatsoever in schooling

dont care what hill that kookie GOP senator wants to fight over, its worth it if it keeps the Feds from exercising more leverage over schools
I don’t oppose all federal involvement.
I oppose some federal involvement.
There will be mismanaged corrupt state governments and the feds should hold them accountable if American children start suffering because of it. Checks and balances.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don’t oppose all federal involvement.
I oppose some federal involvement.
There will be mismanaged corrupt state governments and the feds should hold them accountable if American children start suffering because of it. Checks and balances.

The federal government would have to not be irredeemably corrupt for that to work, though. The feds really aren't supposed to have power over the states, they exist to provide for the common defense, and settle issues between states. They gained control through tax and spend programs.

El Correcto

god is dead
The federal government would have to not be irredeemably corrupt for that to work, though. The feds really aren't supposed to have power over the states, they exist to provide for the common defense, and settle issues between states. They gained control through tax and spend programs.
The federal government is absolutely supposed to have power of certain state activity following the civil war and the civil rights.
There is absolutely room for federal involvement in the lives of this diverse country to keep their individual rights from getting ran over by radical mob rule on a state level.

El Correcto

god is dead
We can debate what that involvement should be and wether or not the states are trampling rights of Americans though. That’s where the debate is at these days.

Non liberal

The federal government is absolutely supposed to have power of certain state activity following the civil war and the civil rights.
There is absolutely room for federal involvement in the lives of this diverse country to keep their individual rights from getting ran over by radical mob rule on a state level.
No, the state can tell the government to pound sand if they want

El Correcto

god is dead
No, the state can tell the government to pound sand if they want
There are cases where that didn’t work out so well in the past, it had a very detrimental impact on American lives. There are cases where that is the best course of action, it just good to have a pragmatic approach to the ideology that is based around maintaining a civil and free society that lets humanity prosper.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

How's that workin' out? Lol. Power was meant to be distributed as widely as possible down to the local levels where people can hold their elected officials accountable.