Light week

Overpaid Union Thug

Sometimes I welcome being an "extra" driver because occasionally I don't mind a break from driving. Instead of working 8-10 hours driving I will usually work inside doing any number of things to get my 8 hour guarantee or I'll take the day off without pay. It doesn't happen much though because there is usually a higher seniority driver wanting a day off.

M

McLeod

Good thing the 4th falls on friday, this will help; it not get as light as usual.

mikestrek

Well, me and quite a few others today were sent home because of real light volume...Probably will be light all week because of the holiday, Anybody else get the day off??
Sounds to me like each center is different. Some are light on Volume, Some are the same and some are growing. Were blown out here in Central California, In October we are going to open a new center just to contain the volume. I go out with a 10 hour day everyday.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
Well, me and quite a few others today were sent home because of real light volume...Probably will be light all week because of the holiday, Anybody else get the day off??

I am just completely estatic that I have the day off from both UPS and the Fort! Yahoo!! I don;t have to get up at 0230hrs! I want to go roll around on the beach, run around my yard...lol!

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
I am just completely estatic that I have the day off from both UPS and the Fort! Yahoo!! I don;t have to get up at 0230hrs! I want to go roll around on the beach, run around my yard...lol!

You are from Jersey and you called it the beach. I dont think I have ever heard someone from there call it anything but the shore.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
You are from Jersey and you called it the beach. I dont think I have ever heard someone from there call it anything but the shore.

LOL!! I was born in West Point and grew up in NY. I moved down here after college and the Army. Everyone here calls it the shore... we live here and have to pay to get on the "beach" just like everyone else...lol!

Hence the beach....lol!:surfing: My favorite thing is the NJ Surfers... they say they are "surfers" I don't think I have ever seen a wave over 3 feet...lol. I call them a joke...lol!!

upsermom

It is day to day. 16 were Monday but more today. They have told them it will probably be until October though. They are doing reload and preload to get the hours. after 10 days their pay drops to preload rate more or less a 50% pay cut.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Idont know about light but we were called in early today for a total of 12 1/2 hours. I know we were still getting trains from Iowa and such.

We got hammered today and supposedly will tomorrow as well due to loads trickling in from the midwest.

Glad I'm off next week.

Leftinbuilding

Sounds to me like each center is different. Some are light on Volume, Some are the same and some are growing. Were blown out here in Central California, In October we are going to open a new center just to contain the volume. I go out with a 10 hour day everyday.

Are you by chance speaking of the Rancho Cordova building?

MiamiUPS

Preload Soldier
I was slammed yesterday (wednesday) and today. I dont know where you guys work but South Florida saw none of this "would you like the day off" love.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were light on Monday, but got heavier through the week. We were actually short of drivers and had to use an Air driver today to run some splits. Strange how the volume is different in other parts of the country.