Listened to a President O’Brien interview…interesting what he had to say.

He was on “the what the heck show” earlier today and it was a good listen…no matter what anyone personally thinks of the show…here are a couple things that were interesting. 1. The parcel division is one of the largest divisions in the Teamsters Union but has an unbalanced amount of resources dedicated to it compared to its size…they want to look at this.
2. He said that 22.4 language is absolutely on their radar and that it would be something they would strike over…take that the way you want to take it.
3. He was very engaged in talking about part time ups employees, about what happen with their pay that was taken away, and about how 15 an hour is just too low of a starting wage..
I suggest everyone go to the website and listen to the podcast…gives some good insight in what he is thinking moving forward. Him and Zuckerman were actually headed to Teamsters HQ in Washington for more transition work today….he sounds lazer focused and engaged with the members who were able to ask questions on the zoom call through “the what the heck show”..
Thanks for the update but I can't stand that show

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Thanks for the update but I can't stand that show
Are you saying... You couldn't take it anymooooore?
CornyBlushingBobwhite-max-1mb.gif

How do you put a cork in the 22.4 bottle? What will we give up?
I dunno man, but a lot of people are drinking the kool-aid and thinking the company is just gonna fold in negotiations. He made a ton of promises and I'm just not so sure how many will be fulfilled, or what we'll give up to fulfill them.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I dunno man, but a lot of people are drinking the kool-aid and thinking the company is just gonna fold in negotiations. He made a ton of promises and I'm just not so sure how many will be fulfilled, or what we'll give up to fulfill them.
Behind some of this is the desire to bring in revenue in the form of union dues.

The company having record profits doesn't hurt either...
Behind some of this is the desire to bring in revenue in the form of union dues.

Especially since they made record profits while paying half of the country's PTers an MRA. And obviously the better we do, the better the union does, but I struggle with finding all of the wins without any concessions. Conversely, Swizzle said these negotiations will be unlike any before, and they're used to us giving back. Maybe they're taking all of those past wins and hooking us up this time around!

Especially since they made record profits while paying half of the country's PTers an MRA. And obviously the better we do, the better the union does, but I struggle with finding all of the wins without any concessions. Conversely, Swizzle said these negotiations will be unlike any before, and they're used to us giving back. Maybe they're taking all of those past wins and hooking us up this time around!
It's definitely going to be interesting.
I believe all our contracts are up at the same time. Package, mechanics and the pilots.

And they cannot pull that 2/3 BS this time either

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What if the make
I believe all our contracts are up at the same time. Package, mechanics and the pilots.

Make full time an offer we can't refuse that sells part time down the river.

I think I recall hearing that they are. They know they got away with one four years ago, I can't imagine they're planning on sneaking one by this time.