Listened to a President O’Brien interview…interesting what he had to say.

Staydryitsraining

I think unless he can get 22.4s eliminated we will strike. Almost every union has went on strike in the recent past and I'd be willing to bet he feels like he if doesn't show force on the contract it will appear to be business as usual.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I think unless he can get 22.4s eliminated we will strike. Almost every union has went on strike in the recent past and I'd be willing to bet he feels like he if doesn't show force on the contract it will appear to be business as usual.
Strike over 22.4 union workers?

iruhnman630

22.4s were the unions answer for all of the higher seniority not wanting to work weekends.

If they are eliminated, be ready for the possibility of everyone working weekends, especially if/when Sundays happen

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
22.4s were the unions answer for all of the higher seniority not wanting to work weekends.

If they are eliminated, be ready for the possibility of everyone working weekends, especially if/when Sundays happen
22.4's is just a lower paid regular driver.

iruhnman630

The Kellog strike, despite widespread support, did not end with the elimination of the two-tier pay scale, as promised.

I do hope we are more successful in eliminating the 22.4 pay classification but that will need to come with some kind of consession from the high seniority, especially if/when we do go to a 7 day operation.

What is the solution for staffing sundays?

Cowboy Mac

Before 22.4s we had bid Tues-Sat schedules. At least that way everyone was on the same progression scale. Then when a Mon-Fri slot opens up, you fill it by seniority.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The Kellog strike, despite widespread support, did not end with the elimination of the two-tier pay scale, as promised.

I do hope we are more successful in eliminating the 22.4 pay classification but that will need to come with some kind of consession from the high seniority, especially if/when we do go to a 7 day operation.

What is the solution for staffing sundays?
They’re gonna have to force low seniority drivers to work on Sunday. No high seniority guys will do it.