Listened to a President O’Brien interview…interesting what he had to say.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He was on “the what the heck show” earlier today and it was a good listen…no matter what anyone personally thinks of the show…here are a couple things that were interesting. 1. The parcel division is one of the largest divisions in the Teamsters Union but has an unbalanced amount of resources dedicated to it compared to its size…they want to look at this.
2. He said that 22.4 language is absolutely on their radar and that it would be something they would strike over…take that the way you want to take it.
3. He was very engaged in talking about part time ups employees, about what happen with their pay that was taken away, and about how 15 an hour is just too low of a starting wage..
I suggest everyone go to the website and listen to the podcast…gives some good insight in what he is thinking moving forward. Him and Zuckerman were actually headed to Teamsters HQ in Washington for more transition work today….he sounds lazer focused and engaged with the members who were able to ask questions on the zoom call through “the what the heck show”..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The show will probably be available to download in a day or two…would be interesting to see what you all think of what he had to say…

Karma...

That 15 an hour is misleading because it doesn't include additional monies going to the union for health and welfare....Thats over and above the 15......I could be wrong and I could be on the low end.....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That 15 an hour is misleading because it doesn't include additional monies going to the union for health and welfare....Thats over and above the 15......I could be wrong and I could be on the low end.....
O’Brien did mention that particularly in the case of Amazon that these folks are getting benefits, including healthcare, from day one.

Thebrownblob

I like him and think he will do a good job. If he wants to get rid of 22.4 I do believe it will take a strike (or serious threat of one). Bigger issue will be making sure there is solidarity in the younger ranks for a strike.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
He was on “the what the heck show” earlier today and it was a good listen…no matter what anyone personally thinks of the show…here are a couple things that were interesting. 1. The parcel division is one of the largest divisions in the Teamsters Union but has an unbalanced amount of resources dedicated to it compared to its size…they want to look at this.
2. He said that 22.4 language is absolutely on their radar and that it would be something they would strike over…take that the way you want to take it.
3. He was very engaged in talking about part time ups employees, about what happen with their pay that was taken away, and about how 15 an hour is just too low of a starting wage..
I suggest everyone go to the website and listen to the podcast…gives some good insight in what he is thinking moving forward. Him and Zuckerman were actually headed to Teamsters HQ in Washington for more transition work today….he sounds lazer focused and engaged with the members who were able to ask questions on the zoom call through “the what the heck show”..
I find it odd that he would announce what he wants before even sitting down with the company.

I guess. I still think you should play it close too the vest when dealing with snakes
There's no secret to the dislike of 22.4 and low starting wage, every UPSer and every member of his slate has spoken to it at some point. Now, how he plans to achieve these concessions from the company should be kept quiet until the proper time.

Karma...

O’Brien did mention that particularly in the case of Amazon that these folks are getting benefits, including healthcare, from day one.
thats true ...its a shame that our new hires dont get it..its also true that by having them get it later its enables and funds the benefits of existing ft people

Karma...

ups negotiates a total cost and the union determines the percentages and where the monies go........consider getting over 40 hours time and a half plus the health and welfare....

Cowboy Mac

Do you have to have Facebook to watch this?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

By unbalanced, does that mean too many resources, or not enough?