Load all NDA's

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
There's a certain point where they aren't. But nobody wants to admit it.

I've gone through this in two different centers in two different regions. There is something not being communicated if that is outrageous.

And before you tell me nobody cares about preload PPH, you must be out of your mind. Right now if preload misses their PPH the center manager and Preload sup have to sit on a conference call and explain how they friend*ed up and basically get shamed in front of the district. That's not inside PPH, it's preload. I covered for the center manager last week and had the pleasure of doing it myself. It's a mess.

I would love to see a shorter span. We've been told to try it. But it only works when we know what we will see in the morning. Which as you know doesn't happen. Our heaviest day this week was 34% higher than our lightest. We can't absorb that.

Something always comes up. I don't trust an OMS to do my job because I'm always asked the next day what happened with this pickup or that. Not to mention I like to see some of my guys when I get in in case they had issues that need to be discussed. Too many sups bolt the first chance they get.

There are plenty of measurements that are over exaggerated. You're right, it's an easy way to see where there is an issue. But when the entire center is screwed, it's either the entire management team is bad, or the IE plan is bad. But it's never IE, right?

IE planner tells me it's achievable. Been here all week and hasn't been able to demonstrate it. But they refuse to change it.

That's not acceptable in my opinion. Are you really advocating for us to fail every day? If we have a trailer thats 40 minutes late everyday someone in feeders is getting reamed. But it's okay for our highest revenue source? That's insane.

If I NEED the AM route it's going in. Safety, service, performance.

I'm not looking to fix everything. I've put in a lot of effort to fix the things I know will provide benefits. But, when someone else plans for me and my coworkers to fail, I have an issue. When IE puts up stupid numbers I get to be the prick, and I get that, it's my job sometimes. But it really pisses me off when I have to have the performance talk with a guy who had a 12 hour day and delivered 50 stops in the dark because we just HAD to hit SPC that week.

yeah i dunno what to say to any of that, sounds like you have bad luck kiddo

dudebro

There are plenty of measurements that are over exaggerated. You're right, it's an easy way to see where there is an issue. But when the entire center is screwed, it's either the entire management team is bad, or the IE plan is bad. But it's never IE, right?
No, IE can screw something up like anyone else. But it isn't always IE either. The time study group should be able to explain the allowances and the studies that generated them. The biggest variable is the walk distances. Almost everything else about a stop averages out to be the same over 1000 stops. Yea, you get a Bowflex one day, but some other place gets 2 QVC envelopes.

dudebro

That's not acceptable in my opinion. Are you really advocating for us to fail every day? If we have a trailer thats 40 minutes late everyday someone in feeders is getting reamed. But it's okay for our highest revenue source? That's insane.

Not to fail. Plan on your average trailer arrival in reality, and succeed with that.

Late planes get as much "heat" as anything else we do. We have great reliability for an airline. But, you're not going to load one in a thunderstorm.

The pilot is going to bring the aircraft back to the ramp when they increase power to the throttle at takeoff and the flight computer "rejects" takeoff.

And in all honesty, your partners in the hub have to send the right packages to the right airport. They don't always.[/QUOTE]

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Not to fail. Plan on your average trailer arrival in reality, and succeed with that.

Late planes get as much "heat" as anything else we do. We have great reliability for an airline. But, you're not going to load one in a thunderstorm.

The pilot is going to bring the aircraft back to the ramp when they increase power to the throttle at takeoff and the flight computer "rejects" takeoff.

And in all honesty, your partners in the hub have to send the right packages to the right airport. They don't always.
[/QUOTE]
I'm a pilot and hold a CRJ type rating. If we have that many rejected take offs that it requires a mention, we should be embarrassed and quite frankly grounded.

dudebro

I'm a pilot and hold a CRJ type rating. If we have that many rejected take offs that it requires a mention, we should be embarrassed and quite frankly grounded.[/QUOTE]
MCO over to the airline and show them how to do it. It's just one of many issues that contribute to the 1/63 flights >90 minutes.