Load Stands

Justaloader

To the OP and @Justaloader:

I haven’t seen the load methods in a few years.... but...

Im pretty sure it says something about using a load stand when above shoulder height to assist in minimizing end range motions. If you work in a hub facility then they can easily furnish the “safe work method” that explains this.

And you absolutely need to work as directed. You can be disciplined for not following instructions. You probably won’t get fired, but it’s just a headache you don’t need. Not to mention YOURE GONNA GET HURT. If anything you should do the job exactly the way the methods say. It’ll keep you safe and keeps supervisors off your case. Win win.

I agree. My only complaint with them is it is yet another thing that slows us down. They want us to maintain 350 pph - which is hard enough with scanners that shut off at random, disconnect with the little device that goes on your finger that actually does the scanning, etc. Lol lets add a load stand that has to be moved every few minutes so that it can be used to reach the top of a wall, or moved out of the way. I usually tuck mine either directly infront of the end of the roller line, or underneath of it (we have some roller lines that are about 3 ft off the floor - very nice lines that are "powered". Only 2 in our PD, though).

Justaloader

Thank you. I actually found this a while ago when I first started browsing this site. The only reason I found this site is due to my inquisitive nature, and google. My point is - for a new hire that may not be as inquisitive - I would think they should be given a copy of the contract as soon as they become a part of the union. Wouldn't it make sense to provide them with the document that shows them exactly what their dues are paying for, how to do their job within the letter of the contract, etc? Should they really have to go online and "hunt down" this information?

Indecisi0n

I agree. My only complaint with them is it is yet another thing that slows us down. They want us to maintain 350 pph - which is hard enough with scanners that shut off at random, disconnect with the little device that goes on your finger that actually does the scanning, etc. Lol lets add a load stand that has to be moved every few minutes so that it can be used to reach the top of a wall, or moved out of the way. I usually tuck mine either directly infront of the end of the roller line, or underneath of it (we have some roller lines that are about 3 ft off the floor - very nice lines that are "powered". Only 2 in our PD, though).
Scanning each and every package with a body seems so inefficient. Have them scanned coming down the belt and loaders should be able to just grab and stack and not worry about that :censored2: .

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Thank you. I actually found this a while ago when I first started browsing this site. The only reason I found this site is due to my inquisitive nature, and google. My point is - for a new hire that may not be as inquisitive - I would think they should be given a copy of the contract as soon as they become a part of the union. Wouldn't it make sense to provide them with the document that shows them exactly what their dues are paying for, how to do their job within the letter of the contract, etc? Should they really have to go online and "hunt down" this information?

Most new hires don't stick around, and contract books aren't free.

Justaloader

Scanning each and every package with a body seems so inefficient. Have them scanned coming down the belt and loaders should be able to just grab and stack and not worry about that :censored2: .

Suggested this very idea multiple times - and yet, while all the sups and other loaders agree, the process continues. Apparently it's been done this way for years, despite the slowdowns it causes. I digress.

Justaloader

Most new hires don't stick around, and contract books aren't free.

Granted, but for those that do.....guess it sucks to be them in a matter of speaking?

Also - contract books may cost money - but, sending someone a PDF via email is free.....I understand even that may be a stretch to expect of this company though....not to mention our union dues, I would think, would go towards these.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Granted, but for those that do.....guess it sucks to be them in a matter of speaking?

Also - contract books may cost money - but, sending someone a PDF via email is free.....I understand even that may be a stretch to expect of this company though....not to mention our union dues, I would think, would go towards these.

The company doesn't want you to know your rights, they believe the less you know the better.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Great idea
The problem is , it would take a little money and a little effort

part timers aren’t worth the effort or the money