Loading issues

Why does UPS send so many packages down the belt? It’s humanely impossible to load the amount of packages that go on the belt. Then they complain you’re not loading fast enough, and good lord if you miss a package. I love that out of shape sups and managers think they’re great loaders. I’m very frustrated, I like the job. But these bosses act like we’re overpaid.

Smashmouth

Why does UPS send so many packages down the belt? It’s humanely impossible to load the amount of packages that go on the belt. Then they complain you’re not loading fast enough, and good lord if you miss a package. I love that out of shape sups and managers think they’re great loaders. I’m very frustrated, I like the job. But these bosses act like we’re overpaid.

Get used to it...it doesnt get any better!

Get used to it...it doesnt get any better!
I believe it. I’ve worked here long enough to understand why the employee turnover rate for loaders is astronomical. I want to be a better loader. I use their methods, but even using their methods, I can’t keep up. There are guys there, who’ve worked there for years and they can’t keep up. There are so many packages, I could stand at the belt and stack all shift, there’s no time to load. They say one package every 15 seconds, seems reasonable, but it’s not because the packages don’t fit perfectly in place.

Dr.Brownz

Just ignore and do what you can

Dr.Brownz

I appreciate the humor. I’m a fast person, I walk at a brisk pace. I bust tail. It’s so frustrating.

Yeah UPS management are usually pretty dumb people. Who would take a "promotion" to make less than what a FT driver makes with more responsibility and being oncall 24/7? Not to mention that corporate has no idea how to train anyone.

Th
Yeah UPS management are usually pretty dumb people. Who would take a "promotion" to make less than what a FT driver makes with more responsibility and being oncall 24/7? Not to mention that corporate has no idea how to train anyone.
Thanks for responding, I’m finally starting to settle down and relax. I know I’m not the best loader, but I’m far from the worst. I just want to be better. The advice sups give and management is ridiculous. They think if you load 2-3 packages in one trip into a truck, then you can keep up. I can do that, however, very rarely do you get two packages that are weighted enough to carry both. One package comes down at 85 lbs, the next one 15 lbs, the next one 60lbs. I can’t carry a hundred pounds of packages. I could once, but I’d be exhausted for the day. Never mind the bulk that comes down too. I’ll keep fighting to improve, but it’s so mind-blowing, that Sups think these packages come down in such easy order. I also think the type of trucks one loads has a lot to do with it. If a truck is all RDR and FDL. Well that’s not the same as someone who has packages numbered throughout the truck.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
playing-violin-animated-gif-2.gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
you will load and do what they say

Turdferguson

Just a turd
source.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Lemme guess you’re the hardest worker on the hardest pull

Just like every other loader that comes on here whining