Loading (on topic)

D

Deleted member 77202

In my experience, I'd say that pretty much every Supervisor, of course, is gonna say Safety is the most important thing.
However, what they really, really want is for you to do the job as quickly as possible AND you've got to make sure everything that needs to be on that truck fits on the truck.

The 'building a perfect wall' procedure is all well and good, but sometimes it's just a waste of time.

For example, a short person like me stacks the boxes as high and as 'wall-like' as I possibly can and then I gotta toss the smaller, lighter ones up and over the wall of boxes in order to use every inch of available space the whole way to the ceiling of the truck.
If I ever stopped stacking boxes to go look for one of those yellow step things to stand on to follow the official UPS safety procedures, I guarantee my Supervisor would be like: "You don't need that thing, just toss them as high up as you can so you can fit everything on the truck."

The corporation doesn't want to pay out one more payroll cent than they have to, so they require all Supervisors to encourage speed to get the work done and employees punched out as soon as possible.