Loading PC's

watdaflock?

Loading 4 trucks is not that bad....some days are worse than others.
^ Surprised it took you so long to gloat.

I'm a chick....a tad closer to age 40 than 30...been loading for almost a decade. If I can do it....any able-bodied guy in his 20's can too.

Also consider not every pc gets the same number/size of pieces, total weight of the packages and the speed of the belt in hubs may be different too.

wayfair

swollen member
I loaded PC's 20 years ago. There were no PAL labels, you actually had to know sequence numbers and had charts to help you.

It's funny that if you pull a PAL off and take it to a PT sup, they don't have a clue who it goes to. Sometimes that's understandable with the Add/cut splits that happening all the time.

Box Ox

No, just for a day or two. Just to gain a little perspective (and humility).

One of the most interesting sights at UPS: Seeing a formerly big talking, know it all sup have to fill in on a heavy route set. It's like they're getting slapped in the D the whole time. Tends to quiet them down a little.

PAL system or not, getting hit with end to end up to 150s (what was the old weight limit?) on multiple bricked out routes for 4-5 hours straight is no joke.

But yep. Is what it is.

jbg77

Load the pc and quit crying. Youll get great benefita in a year and youll one day have the opportunity to drive $$$

Wizzy

Preloaded from the 80's driver for a few more months and still can't understand why they can't slow down the belt and stop it occasionally to allow loaders to check and straighten their trucks. Every minute I'm on the back of the truck sorting or searching is 50 bucks an hour vs 11 bucks for preloader making $11 to load 3 or 4 trucks. Save a nickel that cost you a quarter!