Local 243

Underallowed306

I understand if they don’t want to make UPS a career, but it’s not like you have to write an essay or take a blood oath to vote. Why would you not hedge your bet just in case you decide to stay with the company long term? I guess it’s a moot point now, though.

I understand if they don’t want to make UPS a career, but it’s not like you have to write an essay or take a blood oath to vote. Why would you not hedge your bet just in case you decide to stay with the company long term? I guess it’s a moot point now, though.
I was one of those part timers once. I thought it was only going to be a short term job for me.

Anyways, I'm still here.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I can only guess and speculate.

In my Local, we conduct Steward elections inside the building by the front door.

Watching half of the members walk past the voting location (after being informed

by a posted notice and potential candidates encouraging them) just boggles

the mind.

Even worse;

Any informational literature, being handed out to the members by the Local or

Local Union election candidates vying for office.... get ignored by most.

Why ?

Are people so afraid of the company.... to be seen participating ?

People truly do not care anymore. Part timers have little to no long term interest in the company so they don't get involved. You have your full time employees who don't pay attention or think that it matters. It's just a crap show all around. I would love to see the union really try and put together some type of campaign or anything really to try and get more folks involved. I don't care if you vote Yes or no just get out and vote. Exercise your rights that our brothers and sisters before us fought for. I just don't get it.

F

Frankie's Friend

People truly do not care anymore. Part timers have little to no long term interest in the company so they don't get involved. You have your full time employees who don't pay attention or think that it matters. It's just a crap show all around. I would love to see the union really try and put together some type of campaign or anything really to try and get more folks involved. I don't care if you vote Yes or no just get out and vote. Exercise your rights that our brothers and sisters before us fought for. I just don't get it.
The company could let them vote (No) on the clock?
Pass out free Obama phones?

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
If we do not get 22.4 clarification, we will keep working towards holding this entire POS CBA up until 2023.

The Airline Mechanics held theirs up for an extended period of time. (albeit because they are under the Railway Labor Act)...but friend it. This CBA is absolute garbage.

If you don't come up with something better than a clarification of 22.4, you will have it implemented. You need an item that makes you settle for less than you have now which doesn't involve something that has been agreed to. 22.4 has already been negotiated. The EBoard meeting in May will implement you.

browned out

Screenshot_20190408-163002_Drive.jpg