Local 243

542thruNthru

Central region, I believe.

giphy-53.gif

F

Frankie's Friend

If you don't come up with something better than a clarification of 22.4, you will have it implemented. You need an item that makes you settle for less than you have now which doesn't involve something that has been agreed to. 22.4 has already been negotiated. The EBoard meeting in May will implement you.
NoCal wasted their time getting a clarification for no reason?

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
I can only guess and speculate.

In my Local, we conduct Steward elections inside the building by the front door.

Watching half of the members walk past the voting location (after being informed

by a posted notice and potential candidates encouraging them) just boggles

the mind.

Even worse;

Any informational literature, being handed out to the members by the Local or

Local Union election candidates vying for office.... get ignored by most.

Why ?

Are people so afraid of the company.... to be seen participating ?

Easier to be part of the problem than part of the solution. Much easier to talk and complain instead of fixing the problem.

How many times do you hear guys say "that's why I pay the Union"? They never understand that they are the Union.

BiggieBrown

Someone said that 243 is already covered by the southern supplement, but they have a rider... Are they even negotiating right now? Or has anyone heard?

The last update we got from those clowns was that they went whining to the federal government about some trumped up labor violation, it got dismissed on the 5th, which means they are probably still pouting in a corner somewhere.
My guess is they'll drag this out as long as possible out of spite. They'll probably appeal the dismissal which they have until the 19 to do. Hopefully the union just tells them to kick rocks pretty soon and we can get this crap over with.

Needabiggerhammer

The last update we got from those clowns was that they went whining to the federal government about some trumped up labor violation, it got dismissed on the 5th, which means they are probably still pouting in a corner somewhere.
My guess is they'll drag this out as long as possible out of spite. They'll probably appeal the dismissal which they have until the 19 to do. Hopefully the union just tells them to kick rocks pretty soon and we can get this crap over with.

This morning my steward showed me a text from our BA explicitly stating that we're only waiting on 804, and that as long as 804 passes we'll be done and everything will be ratified. This was from last week prior to western PA vote.

Using my noodle to think for myself I rather doubt it, considering that we still haven't heard anything on 243 including if/when they'll be voting again. Anyone else been told this by a reliable source? If it's true then I assume it means they fully intend to impose 243 as soon as 804 passes, and were ready to do the same for western PA.

Edit: I didn't realize I replied to @BiggieBrown himself. The myth, the legend, the kid claiming he'll have $160,000 of retirement income per year to live on until he's 85 when he retires at 30. If anyone with more than the bare minimum amount of brain cells required to breathe would chime in that would be great.

Last edited:

BiggieBrown

This morning my steward showed me a text from our BA explicitly stating that we're only waiting on 804, and that as long as 804 passes we'll be done and everything will be ratified. This was from last week prior to western PA vote.

Using my noodle to think for myself I rather doubt it, considering that we still haven't heard anything on 243 including if/when they'll be voting again. Anyone else been told this by a reliable source? If it's true then I assume it means they fully intend to impose 243 as soon as 804 passes, and were ready to do the same for western PA.

Edit: I didn't realize I replied to @BiggieBrown himself. The myth, the legend, the kid claiming he'll have $160,000 of retirement income per year to live on until he's 85 when he retires at 30. If anyone with more than the bare minimum amount of brain cells required to breathe would chime in that would be great.

lmao @ your life.
I drive-by post here about 10 minutes a week and yet I'm living in your head rent-free.
stay mad

Team89

Well 804 just passed. Let's test that theory