Local 243

Team89

Does anyone have any info on Local 243? I'm the one keeping up with all this stuff in my shop. Just trying to stay up to date. Thanks.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Nothing that I have heard, probably focused on western Pennsylvania right now and move on once the vote is done on Sunday.

browned out

If we do not get 22.4 clarification, we will keep working towards holding this entire POS CBA up until 2023.

The Airline Mechanics held theirs up for an extended period of time. (albeit because they are under the Railway Labor Act)...but friend it. This CBA is absolute garbage.

Heavy Package

Does anyone have any info on Local 243?

Yes. Local 243 is holding up my damn retro check! Please tell them to fall in line, get their sham vote over with, so that UPS can pay up. All of you "Bravehart" types who think that that they should hold out until 2023 need to get you head out of your ass and realize it was our own damn union who sold us out this contract, not necessarily UPS. 2021 is the next vote that matters for us, not these backwoods supplements that are left.

And yes, I voted no, our entire area voted this turd down, and it was imposed anyway. At least I didn't have to drive an hour out of the way to vote in person only to get lied to my face like PA has to do today.

Yes. Local 243 is holding up my damn retro check! Please tell them to fall in line, get their sham vote over with, so that UPS can pay up. All of you "Bravehart" types who think that that they should hold out until 2023 need to get you head out of your ass and realize it was our own damn union who sold us out this contract, not necessarily UPS. 2021 is the next vote that matters for us, not these backwoods supplements that are left.

And yes, I voted no, our entire area voted this turd down, and it was imposed anyway. At least I didn't have to drive an hour out of the way to vote in person only to get lied to my face like PA has to do today.
It was imposed because enough people didn't even bother to vote.

Gumby-I agree completely with you and all of us Brothers this last contract. I'm just PO'd that in 2018, with everything going for us, this is what we will get for the remaining 4 1/2 years. Less alone what will 2023 look like now. It was an inside job. Had to be.
We got to find a way to get people to vote. The company knows this and we will keep getting give back contracts.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
This CBA is absolute garbage.

How many Union contracts have you negotiated ?

Aren't you just the epitome of a trade Unionist.

Give me mine, and :censored2: everyone else.

Last I checked.... Metro Detroit (243) and Long Island Ny (804) are not "backwoods".

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We got to find a way to get people to vote.

"You can lead a Teamster to knowledge.... but, you can't make him think."

-scb-

That used to piss me off, every time that guy posted it.

Now more than ever.... it really rings true.

The company knows this and we will keep getting give back contracts.

I don't agree with what people consider "givebacks".

The overwhelming majority of the language, is positive for the Union members.

Anyone thinking the company is not entitled to something out of the contract

is naive, and doesn't understand how contract bargaining works.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

-scb-

It’s not his fault. His head is slanted. Couldn’t fit a whole sided brain in there.

-scb-

I really don't understand why people don't vote. You can't make it any easier.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I really don't understand why people don't vote. You can't make it any easier.

I can only guess and speculate.

In my Local, we conduct Steward elections inside the building by the front door.

Watching half of the members walk past the voting location (after being informed

by a posted notice and potential candidates encouraging them) just boggles

the mind.

Even worse;

Any informational literature, being handed out to the members by the Local or

Local Union election candidates vying for office.... get ignored by most.

Why ?

Are people so afraid of the company.... to be seen participating ?

I can only guess and speculate.

In my Local, we conduct Steward elections inside the building by the front door.

Watching half of the members walk past the voting location (after being informed

by a posted notice and potential candidates encouraging them) just boggles

the mind.

Even worse;

Any informational literature, being handed out to the members by the Local or

Local Union election candidates vying for office.... get ignored by most.

Why ?

Are people so afraid of the company.... to be seen participating ?
I think people just didon care anymore. Just give me my retro check and don't worry about anything else.