Local 25 New Englanders / Package

IDoLessWorkThanMost

There's a driver job on the board in CHEMA, cover - Concord/Acton MA.
Sounds sweet, at least temporarily until bids 2010

In the meantime, only part-timers can bid. The main question, why can't full-timers bid on it? Because it's newly created?

Bsullivan

Well they also just had a full time job up last week or the week before for full timers only. So maybe they put this one up for the part timers.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Well they also just had a full time job up last week or the week before for full timers only. So maybe they put this one up for the part timers.

The supplement says that existing full-time jobs must be bid on ONLY by full-time employees.

New jobs are supposably put up for bid for part-timers.

Existing jobs are an extention of the annual bid.

The problem is, that the Acton/Concord cover job existed, and it was eliminated after peak last year. I have the bids right in front of me. Shouldn't there be existing practice for this? Or are these cover bids that come in Oct. always comign and going during the year?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
What I want to know is why you would want to bid a combo job that has been eliminated in the past. If it's been eliminated once, then it will most definitely be eliminated in the future. I would think your setting yourself up to be pissed in the future. Don't do it man!

disneyworld

I've been here 20 yrs-full rate. I did cover for almost 15 yrs of those 20 before bidding to Watertown. No way would I take a pay cut. But 3rd shift still sucks.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Sorry my last post is wrong.
Only persons in Watertown, South Boston, Logan Gateway, Somerville, or Norwood could bid on the Waltham open route.
Persons in Chelmford must wait until the regular bid to move. ( this is one of those strange rules few ever hear of ).

browniehound

I suggest people who are 22.3 stay that way until you have enough juice to bid a route. If you bid cover you will be the bottom guy and get sent home everyday. Unless of course you have a little juice and are willing to bump junior guys to run a route blind.

You will make more money as 22.3 until you can work everyday. So unless you think you can work everyday-stay where you are!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Sorry my last post is wrong.
Only persons in Watertown, South Boston, Logan Gateway, Somerville, or Norwood could bid on the Waltham open route.
Persons in Chelmford must wait until the regular bid to move. ( this is one of those strange rules few ever hear of ).

Another problem - if it's a new cover route, only part-timers can bid it. If it's a vacant route and an extension of the annual bid, then any friend/t can jump on it.

Last edited:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I suggest people who are 22.3 stay that way until you have enough juice to bid a route. If you bid cover you will be the bottom guy and get sent home everyday. Unless of course you have a little juice and are willing to bump junior guys to run a route blind.

You will make more money as 22.3 until you can work everyday. So unless you think you can work everyday-stay where you are!

good advice. Unfortunately some of us won't make it out of the hub and be able to drive because of injuries and work related physical problems. Hopefully some of these old-timers, especially those watertown counter boys visit 1 wall st. burlington soon :biting:

evilleace

The supplement says that existing full-time jobs must be bid on ONLY by full-time employees.

New jobs are supposably put up for bid for part-timers.

How are they ever supposed to get new drivers then, only if they create new routes?