Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

SoCalUPS

I don't know for sure, but, based on what I've read, there was an agreement between the local and the seasonal workers that the amount would be $32/week. Regardless of what the money is for, the workers earned the money, the union failed to keep their part of the agreement by taking too much at once.
I agree, the Local ending the 32 dollars a week because the Company had failed to deduct and send over too many times for many seasonals

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Anyone get laid off?
I agree, the Local ending the 32 dollars a week because the Company had failed to deduct and send over too many times for many seasonals

Haven't heard yet. The information I've seen is that these were mostly seasonal workers. I could be wrong on that. If they are not seasonal, and will continue to work, then it's not nearly as big a deal to me. But, again, if the union and the workers had an agreement on an installment plan, then the union should honor it. UPS's failure to honor their agreement with the union should have no impact on that. Besides, if UPS couldn't send $32 per week, why could they send hundreds all at once?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Haven't heard yet. The information I've seen is that these were mostly seasonal workers. I could be wrong on that. If they are not seasonal, and will continue to work, then it's not nearly as big a deal to me. But, again, if the union and the workers had an agreement on an installment plan, then the union should honor it. UPS's failure to honor their agreement with the union should have no impact on that. Besides, if UPS couldn't send $32 per week, why could they send hundreds all at once?
I totally get it and you seem like a rational person. My only question is if the employee was working for weeks without paying a dime and said nothing. Isn’t it the same?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I totally get it and you seem like a rational person. My only question is if the employee was working for weeks without paying a dime and said nothing. Isn’t it the same?

I put less responsibility on the employee, especially a newb. But I agree. If they were weeks behind, they should catch up. If that is what actually happened, then I have no real issue, except maybe timing. But they were taking entire checks until the whole intiation fee was paid.

bowhnterdon

Why take dues from seasonal employees at all? If they are kept on,then start taking dues. Don’t give me it is a Union shop,pay your dues crap. $11 an hour? C,mon...

I put less responsibility on the employee, especially a newb. But I agree. If they were weeks behind, they should catch up. If that is what actually happened, then I have no real issue, except maybe timing. But they were taking entire checks until the whole intiation fee was paid.
Or the Union wanted to get all of its money before the seasonals were laid off.

Boston25

A lot of people were weeks, months and some cases a year to 2 years behind.