Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

Boston25

Haven't heard yet. The information I've seen is that these were mostly seasonal workers. I could be wrong on that. If they are not seasonal, and will continue to work, then it's not nearly as big a deal to me. But, again, if the union and the workers had an agreement on an installment plan, then the union should honor it. UPS's failure to honor their agreement with the union should have no impact on that. Besides, if UPS couldn't send $32 per week, why could they send hundreds all at once?

The issue wasn't the seasonal employees more than regular full time drivers and part timers never having a dime deducted.

Yeah I got that part. So friend the union right? Dummy. Onus is on them right?
Did they owe? Did they pay?
Did the union send them a monthly notice of being behind? $500 initiation fee for a part timer??? An initiation fee for a peak hire??? Ridiculous.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The issue was having all of it taken at once. No one complained about paying it just how it was done.

A lot of people were weeks, months and some cases a year to 2 years behind.

The issue wasn't the seasonal employees more than regular full time drivers and part timers never having a dime deducted.
Seems like the employee would have zero issue if they never paid their bill.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Did the union send them a monthly notice of being behind? $500 initiation fee for a part timer??? An initiation fee for a peak hire??? Ridiculous.
Did they fill out an application in HR where they had an orientation explaining the initiation and dues? I guarantee they did.

Boston25

No because the union didn't have them in the system because UPS wasn't turning over the applications.

Did they fill out an application in HR where they had an orientation explaining the initiation and dues? I guarantee they did.
If I don’t pay my dues (even if ups doesn’t deduct them) I get a notice saying that I’m behind. Did the union break their contractural agreement about the deduction of dues?

Boston25

We had a driver on comp who's been with the company for 20+ years and he didn't pay dues claiming he didn't know he had to be in good standing when on comp.

Boston25

If I don’t pay my dues (even if ups doesn’t deduct them) I get a notice saying that I’m behind. Did the union break their contractural agreement about the deduction of dues?
They couldn't send notices to members because they weren't in the dues deduction system because UPS wasn't turning over the applications.

Boston25

We will have members/shop steward talk with those people
We did I am one of them on 1 shift we had 15 employees who weren't seasonal employees never have dues taken out. When the hall was notified we had to have them fill out a new dues application and turn it in because UPS wasn't doing it.

We did I am one of them on 1 shift we had 15 employees who weren't seasonal employees never have dues taken out. When the hall was notified we had to have them fill out a new dues application and turn it in because UPS wasn't doing it.
Then the employees still refused to pay?