Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

PT Car Washer

A noob not realizing dues arent being deducted is hardly breaking their contractual obligation. The irs must send many notices before they can garnish wages, seize assets.
I have heard of noobs in my building going up to their supervisor and manager about how to join the Union. All in a RTW state. Where is their Union representation?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Of course it is easier to blame an International Union with billions in assets and feel sorry for a minimum wage seasonal PT employee who just lost their whole paycheck a week before Christmas to that Union.
What if they took it out in the summer?
Does the union deduct it?

so what I’ve learned is if you are in local25. Stop automatic union deductions immediately and pay your dues yourself.

Boston25

so what I’ve learned is if you are in local25. Stop automatic union deductions immediately and pay your dues yourself.
You'll have them deducted automatically but if you want to pay the whole initiation up front you can. Which is what some guys did because UPS wasn't making the deductions.

You'll have them deducted automatically but if you want to pay the whole initiation up front you can. Which is what some guys did because UPS wasn't making the deductions.
I would no longer have mine deducted. This stuff happens a lot. The union always asks the employee how they want to repay the balance.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The issue wasn't the seasonal employees more than regular full time drivers and part timers never having a dime deducted.

Based on that, the union's action was more understandable. But I agree with @1989 that they ought to have given the members a chance to pay directly in installments while they got UPS straightened out. Blindsiding the members was not the right choice.

Boston25

Based on that, the union's action was more understandable. But I agree with @1989 that they ought to have given the members a chance to pay directly in installments while they got UPS straightened out. Blindsiding the members was not the right choice.

A heads up should've been given. It's easy to lay blame and it's easy to speculate. But to attack me and say I should be thrown in jail and all the other nonsense is ridiculous the news article was completely one sided. And guys on here who have worked at UPS for years are taking what UPS has released in the article as gospel.

Boston25

A heads up should've been given. It's easy to lay blame and it's easy to speculate. But to attack me and say I should be thrown in jail and all the other nonsense is ridiculous the news article was completely one sided. And guys on here who have worked at UPS for years are taking what UPS has released in the article as gospel.
Thanks for the beer I'm about to have Jameson!

We had a driver on comp who's been with the company for 20+ years and he didn't pay dues claiming he didn't know he had to be in good standing when on comp.
Dues are based on hours worked. Take a withdrawal while on comp, disability, unemployment.