Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Mart Man, Dec 7, 2018.

?

How do you feel about this situation?

1. Totally Wrong

79.5%
  2. Justifiable

20.5%
  1. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

They did pay union dues!

2. Who is freeloading ???
    The temporary seasonal workers pay union dues and initiation fees but ... wait for it...

Get no union representation.

Who is screwing whom?

3. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

It happens to a lot of people. It happens in local 251 too. Did you go to the local and inquire?

4. All except the ones that quit because they got blindsided.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

How many weeks or months would you work for free? Especially for a minimum wage job with no benefits. Sounds like slavery to me. I know you have said you have to represent seasonal employees, but what was the long term outcome? They were allowed to stay employed another week so they could donate another paycheck to the Teamsters?

6. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

If this isn't fixed Monday morning you need to contact your local news and put these scumbags on blast.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Boston25

Boston25 Active Member

They didn't before hand! A lot of employees even ones who aren't new hires for peak weren't paying dues because UPS wasn't turning in the applications to the union. So no they weren't paying dues up until they got their whole check deducted for it.

8. Skooney

Skooney Active Member

Bulllllll:censored2:.

In 20+ years, 9 as a steward before I transferred I never saw one single person with a dues mistake get a dime back. I can't tell you how many times local 959 has made a mistake and took double from people, and no one ever got a dime back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Boston25

Boston25 Active Member

The long term outcome was that they still work here they never left. Even after their checks were all gone. It's a mistake and it happens.

10. Boston25

Boston25 Active Member

I have seen it corrected before.

11. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

Local 25 is a criminal organization

12. Boston25

Boston25 Active Member

Why because they got dues that were going to them contractually like they were suppose to? It's just that typical UPS screwed it up and took out too much? And UPS didn't turn in the dues applications like they were suppose to? Or how about how UPS has been letting union employees work at a union job and not pay their dues for months? Don't feed me the bull :censored2: they were paying dues cause you're not even in my local.

13. Boston25

Boston25 Active Member

You sound like a typical manager from UPS

14. Boston25

Boston25 Active Member

You're wrong they DO get union representation and most stewards including myself have had to represent them.

15. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

k

16. THE COMPANY MAKES DEDUCTIONS.... So in other words, the deductions should’ve been made all along and the company did not remit them (as they’ve done time and time again) That money is contractually and legally owed and the COMPANY is the one that decided to take all that money out of one check-not the union. Don’t throw this on the union, the COMPANY f’d up plain and simple.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Not here. Not that it matters anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2018
  18. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

If I'm getting paid 0 dollars at any job, :censored2: em I'm out.

19. Mart Man

Mart Man New Member

This post isn't arguing against paying a union initiation fee or dues. I believe this job should be unionized. My only issue was that they decided to take peoples entire pay checks the first week of the month a few weeks before Christmas.

Other than that, the benefits which come with being represented by the union sound good. Health care and pensions are great, but to take some ones entire paycheck without notifying them before sounds a bit messed up... I think this is something we can all agree on

20. Mart Man

Mart Man New Member

Either way, it seems that none of us truly know what happened and at the end of the day it seems that both the union and ups are at fault for letting this happen.

Could a moderator delete this thread?