Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

Boston25

It is extremely disturbing that you assume I'm in management because im fighting for my union brothers and sisters. Wtf is going on at local 25 for you to have that mindset?
Yeah I think you are management. What local are you in? If you are a member of Local 25 why don’t you grow a set of balls and come down to the next union meeting and take the mic? But I doubt you will.

Boston25

Seasonal help paying initiation fees is in itself, questionable. That should be the real issue.
So you know as you are a member of Local 25 BI and working in Chelmsford that UPS cannot staff the building and that every employee is kept on after peak so one way or another they would need to pay union dues and initiation fees correct? So if they don’t want to pay dues they pay a fee to work there so you think it is ok for employees to work a job that is a union job and not pay any sort of fee?

Boston25

This is a good reason for NE Teamsters bloodsucking fees from seasonal help
Pension Plan For New England Teamsters Is Underfunded

The report identified the New England Teamsters and Trucking Industry Pension Plan as being the second-most underfunded multi-employer pension plan in the nation at a current unfunded liability of $5.1 billion.

The pension plan covers more than 70,000 truck drivers and warehouse workers.
And union dues do not go into the pension fund if that’s what you a implying? Why don’t you try working your 8 hours?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Our work. They should pay. PVDs are getting $21 an hour. They will pay.
So should the supes that steal our work.
Should've put that in the latest cba with the triple time pay.
Supes caught doing bargaining unit work should also have to pay initiation fees and union dues for that month.

B-Brown

Guess we will Press Our Luck with this guy?
Sean Obrien Press My Luck.jpg

Yolo

Yeah I think you are management. What local are you in? If you are a member of Local 25 why don’t you grow a set of balls and come down to the next union meeting and take the mic? But I doubt you will.

Holy :censored2:!!! I think my union brothers and sisters deserve a paycheck. So you think I'm management? Good God you are evil!

You realize your attack on seasonal employees in local 25 was an attack on every single Teamster, right? You :censored2: with one of us then you :censored2: with all of us.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yes- but your post made it appear that you were saying the fees would go into the pension fund. Maybe I read it wrong. I apologize. Lol.
By hitting up seasonals for initiation fees at the start, they are members sooner than later and paying into the pension fund earlier?

Over the years I have talked to many...and explained to many...many seasonals, who ask why they are paying fees for a job they were leaving in a few weeks. No one explains to them how to get a withdrawal card...it must be frustrating for the yearly influx temp help, just looking for some seasonal cash.

Yolo

It would be nice if you guys were as passionate about protecting and representing people as you are in collecting dues and fees from them.

2Down2Many2Go

UnconTROLLed, post: 4247225, member: 18708"]By hitting up seasonals for initiation fees at the start, they are members sooner than later and paying into the pension fund earlier?

Over the years I have talked to many...and explained to many...many seasonals, who ask why they are paying fees for a job they were leaving in a few weeks. No one explains to them how to get a withdrawal card...it must be frustrating for the yearly influx temp help, just looking for some seasonal cash.

So what happened to the post about you working your 8 hours lol .....it magically disappeared

B-Brown

If Hoffa discarded him that's a left handed compliment to the man.
22.4s weren't added on his watch (as far as I know).
Strike talk got him booted (as far as I read).
Let's not make the company nervous.

He started the whole negotiations just as he was instructed to. I did not hear him once say he was going to fight concessions. Just because him and Hoffa got in to a tizzy, doesn't mean he isn't a scumbag.

Yolo

Its pretty clear that I'm a teamster. I'm arguing for my union brothers and sisters. You are fighting tooth and nail against them. What local I'm in isn't relevant to this discussion.

Boston25

Its pretty clear that I'm a teamster. I'm arguing for my union brothers and sisters. You are fighting tooth and nail against them. What local I'm in isn't relevant to this discussion.
I don’t think you are a teamster let alone a member of Local 25 and if you are grow a set and come to the November meeting and ask the executive board if they will answer all of your questions about something that happened almost a year ago.