Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

Boston25

It's not funny. Christmases were ruined. Children went hungry. Mortgage payments were missed. Not a laughing matter.
You are a troll. You are digging up a thread over 2 years old. That has been resolved and over with for quite some time. It must be election time.

nWo

You are a troll. You are digging up a thread over 2 years old. That has been resolved and over with for quite some time. It must be election time.

You are a coward. Explain your actions. Why did you send teamsters home with $0 paychecks? Answer the question. Extremely simple question. Be a man and answer it.

nWo

You know the sad thing is you could have been a hero in this thread. You could have had checks cut the very next day. You could have called all the people who walked off the job, apologized and returned their money. Everyone would have patted you on the back for a job well done. But instead you accused everyone of being management and played the victim. You posted some weird homoerotic junk. We had single mothers crying on the local news because their children's Christmas was ruined. The NLRB had to file a case against your local. Every single union got a black eye because how your local behaved. It's sad. And you won't even say sorry or commit to not doing it again. Seriously all you have to say is,

" We handled the situation poorly, we will be upfront and honest with new hires and seasonal employees. We will never let this happen again."

That's it. A simple apology and an commitment to be better.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Or someone from local 25 can commit to not pulling this crap again.

That sounds like something the company says.

"Are you willing to commit to never misloading again, to avoid this warning letter ?"

Feel free to explain your actions.

Still waiting....

Explain your actions.

It's funny....

Your generation thinks they can "demand" immediate interaction, on the internet, with explanations.

If you (or anyone else) has a problem with your Local.... face it head on.

Talk with people in person.

-Bug-

quad decade guy

"Are you willing to commit to never misloading again, to avoid this warning letter ?"

It's funny....

Your generation thinks they can "demand" immediate interaction, on the internet, with explanations.

-Bug-

Or force(demand) people to take pictures of their airplanes or cars.....

Dude you are the biggest hypocrite on the planet....that above just described you to a T.

And how you pass the buck is breathtaking. Your generation.....apparently from new to old.....eh? Hypocrite.

Jlandry

I believe if your working in a union job you should have to pay dues like everyone else that is working there. How is it fair for Seasonal workers to not pay dues when the guy or girl beside them is paying. The funny part is when a seasonal worker has a payroll issue or feels harassed because management is asking them to work for their money the first person they go to is a Union Rep. “I don’t want to pay dues yet you need to help me union”. Come on wake up. Also the union is the organization that negotiated the seasonal wages I would say the same as some of the others on here. If you don’t want to pay dues go work a “non-union job”

I believe if your working in a union job you should have to pay dues like everyone else that is working there. How is it fair for Seasonal workers to not pay dues when the guy or girl beside them is paying. The funny part is when a seasonal worker has a payroll issue or feels harassed because management is asking them to work for their money the first person they go to is a Union Rep. “I don’t want to pay dues yet you need to help me union”. Come on wake up. Also the union is the organization that negotiated the seasonal wages I would say the same as some of the others on here. If you don’t want to pay dues go work a “non-union job”
I don’t think the problem is dues alone. It’s dues on top of initiation fees.

nWo

It's funny....

-Bug-

Lol what? My union brothers and sisters went home with $0 paychecks? How is that even remotely okay?

What do you have against a local protecting their members?

The members that were screwed by local 25. Called the union hall. They talked to their stewards. The union refused to help them. They had to file charges with the NLRB!

Instead of accusing everyone of being management. Give me some sort of argument or justification for the union sending people home with $0 checks.

Last edited:

nWo

ado7qI5.jpg

The issue is the seasonal employees agreed to pay $32 a week and the local said eff that and took their entire check. The union lied to them and screwed then right before Christmas. That's the issue. I don't see a single person arguing against them paying dues. The issue is the local lied to them and drained their entire check right before Christmas. We had people with 60 hour weeks that took home $15.

542thruNthru

The issue is the seasonal employees agreed to pay $32 a week and the local said eff that and took their entire check. The union lied to them and screwed then right before Christmas. That's the issue. I don't see a single person arguing against them paying dues. The issue is the local lied to them and drained their entire check right before Christmas. We had people with 60 hour weeks that took home $15.
What person do you think is to blame for this?