Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yes. Local 25 sending teamsters home in tears because the local decided to drain their entire paycheck is enraging.

Anyone willing to explain why local 25 thought that was necessary?

Don't get enraged because the thread was bumped. Tell us why local 25 thought this was an okay thing to do to our union brothers and sisters?
Seems pretty low down to me

nWo

If you also do your research you would know the dues have nothing to do with pension contributions. I'm not disagreeing with anyone it's a bad deal to happen to employees especially before Christmas.

He did his research. Turns out you stole his entire paycheck.

Yolo

The long term outcome was that they still work here they never left. Even after their checks were all gone. It's a mistake and it happens.
Imagine being a union steward and after a teamster's entire paycheck gets drained saying, "It happens."

No it doesn't just happen. Seriously, dude? It happens? Christ.

Yolo

Sheila says she thought the union was there to make sure UPS employees got paid a fair wage for the work they perform, telling WBZ, “I thought they were supposed to protect our rights.”

Awesome PR job in Boston. You guys realize that this will damage the reputations of unions all across the country right? When right to work laws come to ballots this evil act by local 25 will be played over and over again in political ads .You guys *ed over union members everywhere .

Can't say this enough.

Yolo

"The Streisand effect is a social phenomenon that occurs when an attempt to hide, remove, or censor information has the unintended consequence of further publicizing that information, often via the Internet."

Fyi local 25. It's better to own up to things then to try to hide it. Trying to deflect blame, demands to close the thread and accusing everyone of being management did not work out in your favor. The correct thing to do was have apologies and checks ready for your victims the very next day.