LOCAL 391 is GARBAGE

Overpaid Union Thug

And yet, more voters sympathize with the FT drivers getting their jobs saved than the PTers getting their hours taken.

This is life.
Yep. But imagine if the majority of part time members actually voted. They’d have the upper hand. But, unless the IBT can integrate voting into TikTok and fantasy football apps, it’ll never happen.

wilberforce15

I guess if they decided they want a pension too?
Most don't. And they don't care about benefits, either. They have medicaid. They can get unemployment or welfare or a better check at walmart in the air conditioning.

And they won't be getting a pension anyway, because boomers will blow through it all by then.

Most of them have absolutely no reason to care about UPS in the long or short run, and definitely no reason to attend a union meeting.

PT Car Washer

I've been here almost 20 years, and I know good and well that I'm not getting a pension, lol.
I have been here 43 years and collecting a military pension for the last 5 years and if I want I can start collecting my UPS pension starting after 30 days. With Social Security and my IRA and 401k, I can make more money not working then working.

wilberforce15

I have been here 43 years and collecting a military pension for the last 5 years and if I want I can start collecting my UPS pension starting after 30 days. With Social Security and my IRA and 401k, I can make more money not working then working.
That's great. But I'm still not going to get a pension. Congratulations that you will get one.

PT Car Washer

That's great. But I'm still not going to get a pension. Congratulations that you will get one.
We have PTers with 20 years and I tell them hang on for 5 more years and you can have a monthly check every month for the rest of your life. I believe $1200/mo under a certain age and $1625/mo if older. Sorry if you will have to pay taxes on free money.

wilberforce15

We have PTers with 20 years and I tell them hang on for 5 more years and you can have a monthly check every month for the rest of your life. I believe $1200/mo under a certain age and $1625/mo if older. Sorry if you will have to pay taxes on free money.
What they have is promises. That's not the same as actually receiving a pension.

There is no reason that anyone can promise some new hire that they will have a pension. The odds that the pension will stop existing between now and their retirement is roughly 100%.

For someone who has been here 20 years (and remember, some of those people are 38 years old), the odds of it not being there in retirement are also very high.

Trying to sell a new hire on a pension idea is stupid. They see through it. They know it won't be there.

wilberforce15

This is such a boomer thread. "Tell them they have a pension!" "Get them to vote!" "I'll have a great pension!" blah blah blah.

They can get more money and more air conditioning at Wal-Mart with no union. The UPS pension won't be there. And they don't need the benefits.

lol.

CleanUpHitter

WORKING MAN FROM VA
I'd have to see that to believe it. How about some evidence because I've seen them fight against this.
Local 391 has hourlies sent home on every shift, supervisors working full shifts as hourlies in their place, and the union defending the company on the point. Grievances get traded on this so that they can win some other minor victory, while management takes stewards out for dinners.

391 is useless from top to bottom.

CleanUpHitter

WORKING MAN FROM VA
I keep seeing it here but I’m not sure “scab” is correct. “Troll” if anything. Isn’t a scab someone that refuses to go on strike? I’ve seen scab used to describe nonunion members too. But “freeloader” seems more accurate. And they are an everyday nuisance since they always seem to take full advantage of what they freeload for.
Oh SCAB is correct my friend and so is freeloader. There is nothing lower and this guy is definitely a scab. Funny he hasn't posted in a while.

CleanUpHitter

WORKING MAN FROM VA
PTers are vested after 5 years which means they will get something at normal retirement age. If they make it 25 or more years there pension benefit is outlined in the contract. It is a single employer pension and is fully funded. Try getting Walmart or Target or Lowes to commit to that.

wilberforce15

PTers are vested after 5 years which means they will get something at normal retirement age. If they make it 25 or more years there pension benefit is outlined in the contract. It is a single employer pension and is fully funded. Try getting Walmart or Target or Lowes to commit to that.
Commitments are nothing. We all know it won't be there for new hires, or even those who have 20 years in and are 40 right now.

Get over it. We see through it. The promise means nothing.

wilberforce15

So are you resigning? Just curious.
Why would I do that? I do care about the benefits, even though new hires don't. I don't need the pension. And I get 35 or so paid days off for a part time job.

I have a ton of reasons to stay. It's a great job for me.

But it's not a great job for most part timers, and that's why they don't care about it. Why go to a union meeting if they can get a better deal just by quitting?

Overpaid Union Thug

This is such a boomer thread. "Tell them they have a pension!" "Get them to vote!" "I'll have a great pension!" blah blah blah.
They can get more money and more air conditioning at Wal-Mart with no union. The UPS pension won't be there. And they don't need the benefits.

lol.
You seem to be confusing our pensions with Social Security. Last time I checked both of our plans were in great shape. And giving sound financial advice isn’t the mark of a boomer. I’ll listen to any good advice from anyone. This younger TiKTok generation should as well. They really need it.