LOCAL 391 is GARBAGE

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It can be good there. Those are a minority of places. Why bring them up?

When UPS listens to the market, it pays better than the union demands.

Lol.

Some union we have.
....and we are back to where your narrative went off the tracks.

Part timers are the majority and they choose, cycle after cycle, to sit their hands and are mute during the proposal process, then sit on their ballots and don't vote on the subsequent tentative agreements.

....yet somehow the Union failed them?

Sounds to me like they got what they asked for, which is unfortunate and avoidable.

wilberforce15

Part timers are the majority and they choose, cycle after cycle, to sit their hands and are mute during the proposal process, then sit on their ballots and don't vote on the subsequent tentative agreements.

Sounds to me like they got what they asked for, which is unfortunate and avoidable.
They quit instead of going to union meetings because they can get more money immediately that way.

How is this hard?

You made a sucky job. So new people don't hang around. They have no reason to fight to fix it. They can just leave and do better.

wilberforce15

If you were a new person, would you attend union meetings and organize voting blocs to maybe have a halfway chance of getting a decent raise the next contract?

Or would you walk down the street to Walmart for more money right now, same day?

One raise is easier to get than the other

So who do you blame for the two tier wage delivery driver classification? The 22.4 members that didn't vote last contract?

Overpaid Union Thug

Old guys looked out for you. Part timers didn't vote in the 60s. Or 70s. Or 80s. Or 90s. Or 00s. For as long as they've existed, part timers have never, and will never vote at the same rate. Or anywhere close.
EXACTLY! ROTFL
Fulltimers will always have more of a vested interest and more participation. It is your job to sell the next generation on the benefits of the brotherhood. It's not their job to take the hits for your increased wages.
A part timer can be educated by…..

reading a contract

attending union meetings

asking a coworker, steward, BA

Pretty simple. Unless you’re lazy.

You are the entitled, whiny one. Typical boomer.
Says the apathetic whiny part timer.

And you really need to learn what a boomer actually is. Instead of parroting the TiKTokers that think it means EVERYONE that’s older than them.

Last edited:

wilberforce15

EXACTLY! ROTFL

A part timer can be educated by…..

reading a contract

attending union meetings

asking a coworker, steward, BA

Pretty simple. Unless you’re lazy.

Says the apathetic whiny part timer.

And you really need to learn what a boomer actually is. Instead of parroting the TiKTokers that think it means EVERYONE that’s older than them.
Lazy?

Why fight boomers for more scraps, when Walmart pays more without a fight?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I signed my pt pension away for a playstation 5.

Rookie....

1632915270257.png

Overpaid Union Thug

Lazy?

Why fight boomers for more scraps, when Walmart pays more without a fight?
But part timers are not fighting. And THAT, as you’ve admitted now several times, is the problem. Quit blaming Boomers for your problems. Unless you want to discuss social security. But that’s a different thread.
Everyone knows the deck is stacked. Last contract vote was just the latest example.
With such a low voter turnout it wouldn’t take much for part timers to outnumber full timers.

But it’s not quite as important as dividing spare time between BrownCafe, TikTok, and fantasy football. So I digress.

wilberforce15

But part timers are not fighting. And THAT, as you’ve admitted now several times, is the problem. Quit blaming Boomers for your problems. Unless you want to discuss social security. But that’s a different thread.

With such a low voter turnout it wouldn’t take much for part timers to outnumber full timers.

But it’s not quite as important as dividing spare time between BrownCafe, TikTok, and fantasy football. So I digress.
They have no reason to fight. You've given them contracts so pathetic that they can beat your negotiating skills by walking down to walmart.

Overpaid Union Thug

They have no reason to fight. You've given them contracts so pathetic that they can beat your negotiating skills by walking down to walmart.
You don’t get it. Those of “them” that refused to participate got exactly what they deserved through inaction. Refusing to vote is NEVER a better alternative when those that do vote have a different agenda than you. You’ve been at UPS twenty years and can’t still haven’t figured that out?

DB7BCC34-2D61-4AB2-8EC0-003EFD1970BD.jpeg

wilberforce15

You don’t get it. Those of “them” that refused to participate got exactly what they deserved through inaction. Refusing to vote is NEVER a better alternative when those that do vote have a different agenda than you. You’ve been at UPS twenty years and can’t still haven’t figured that out?

View attachment 354000
Inaction is the smart action.

Instead of fighting your ignorant butt to get a dollar, they walk down to walmart and get 2 dollars. That's smart.

I'm not complaining. I like my job. I'm just fine. I vote.

But a new person has no reason to do any of those things. He should just go get a better job the same day, with no fight.

542thruNthru

I love how Walmart keeps being used. They can go to Walmart or where ever and hope and pray for a raise every year. Start our a dollar higher and be stuck at that rate for 5 years.