LOL! Now MSNBC Is Saying Trump Has No Authority Over States

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
After Deriding Trump For A Month For Not Ordering States To "Shelter In Place",
MSNBC Switches Sides To Say Trump Has No Authority To Order States To Open Up For Business!

During the White House's press briefing on April 4, a reporter noted that a number of governors, each of whom are Republicans, "have refused to issue these statewide stay-at-home orders." The journalist asked Donald Trump why he simply doesn't urge these allied governors to take the step.

"We have a thing called the Constitution, which I cherish," the president replied.

But there's a flip side to this: as Trump eyes a plan to lift existing restrictions, the White House realizes that many states will leave the current guidelines in place past May 1, whether the president likes it or not.

200409-donald-trump-cs-303p_fe4e4f90828ccdf539f8054645cee514.fit-760w.jpg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
WTF ... Trump can't keep his AUTHORITY straight! LOL
6a00d8351451c553ef01b7c7bb0b37970b-pi

Trump: It’s my decision, not governors’, to reopen country

But the law suggests the president has less power than he thinks.

“It is the decision of the President, and for many good reasons. With that being said, the Administration and I are working closely with the Governors, and this will continue,” he added in another tweet, previewing that a “decision by me, in conjunction with the Governors and input from others, will be made shortly!”
“For the purpose of creating conflict and confusion, some in the Fake News Media are saying that it is the Governors decision to open up the states, not that of the President of the United States & the Federal Government. Let it be fully understood that this is incorrect,” Trump wrote on Twitter.

The president’s reassertion of his authority runs counter to the views of legal scholars, who say the federal government lacks the power to directly order states to reopen their economies.

upload_2020-4-13_16-1-23.png

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the founding fathers did not want the central govt to have so much power giving the individual states more power. that has been eroded over time. one example is federal road use taxes which washington can and has with held to states if they are not doing what they are told.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
So much for states' rights.
example;

the federal government could not mandate a national drinking age so what they did was with threatening holding federal highway funds to states that would not raise the drinking age to 21. states could not afford to lose those funds so they complied.

Blackmail

El Correcto

god is dead
It’s stupid to force states open. If those states want to destroy business don’t expect a federal bailout. Expect even more businesses to flee to states that value people’s livelihoods.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It’s stupid to force states open. If those states want to destroy business don’t expect a federal bailout. Expect even more businesses to flee to states that value people’s livelihoods.
I'd like to see trump try......notice the small t.

no respect for this clown. he probably is a member here. about the mentality.....

Turdferguson

Just a turd
WTF ... Trump can't keep his AUTHORITY straight! LOL
6a00d8351451c553ef01b7c7bb0b37970b-pi

Trump: It’s my decision, not governors’, to reopen country

But the law suggests the president has less power than he thinks.

“It is the decision of the President, and for many good reasons. With that being said, the Administration and I are working closely with the Governors, and this will continue,” he added in another tweet, previewing that a “decision by me, in conjunction with the Governors and input from others, will be made shortly!”
“For the purpose of creating conflict and confusion, some in the Fake News Media are saying that it is the Governors decision to open up the states, not that of the President of the United States & the Federal Government. Let it be fully understood that this is incorrect,” Trump wrote on Twitter.

The president’s reassertion of his authority runs counter to the views of legal scholars, who say the federal government lacks the power to directly order states to reopen their economies.

View attachment 291164
He's destroyed our alliances , made a dumpster fire of the economy, divided the country to the breaking point, and let Russia and China get toe holds in the Middle East , and Asia.... the only thing he hasn't done to completely :censored2: our country over is let Russia and China increase their influence in Central and South America.
if he ain't a Russian operative, he should have been...…..Worst President ever