Looking for Current Fedex Contractors to School Us

bacha29

I appreciate all the replies but are any of you current contractors?

I'd like advice from some of the owners even if they own nothing but some used trucks and worthless pile of paper.
Pal, the simple fact of the matter is that no contractor, past,present or future can do what you want them to do and that is to mitigate the level of risk you would be assuming if you bought out a contract.

There is however one indelible fact we can tell you. Do not buy out a contract using money that you flat out cannot afford to lose.

It will be fine

I appreciate all the replies but are any of you current contractors?

I'd like advice from some of the owners even if they own nothing but some used trucks and worthless pile of paper.
There are a handful of current successful contractors here, not many. The ones crying about how terrible it is haven’t had a contract or ran a business contracting with FedEx in at least 5 years. Many of the negative people are express drivers with even less knowledge of Ground operations.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Many of the negative people are express drivers with even less knowledge of Ground operations.
Think it might be because nearly all Express couriers have heard countless complaints from Ground customers regarding missed pick-ups, mis-deliveries, unprofessional conduct, bad hygiene etc. We’ve heard more than an earful out there, so yeah, we have knowledge on how Ground operates alright.

bacha29

There are a handful of current successful contractors here, not many. The ones crying about how terrible it is haven’t had a contract or ran a business contracting with FedEx in at least 5 years. Many of the negative people are express drivers with even less knowledge of Ground operations.
For those so called "successful" contractors, their success is due in no small part to being lucky enough to be operating in the one the more lucrative parts of the country. Areas that are much more in tune with the overall business model. Fast growing, modern infrastructure, population dense, high per capita incomes high per capita consumption and a large pool of cheap labor to draw from . The simple fact is that it doesn't exist everywhere. And FXG is a consumption driven business.

The individual who is interested in making a sizable investment in a contract especially if he's putting his own personal assets on the line had better have all the aforementioned advantages working for him.

It will be fine

Think it might be because nearly all Express couriers have heard countless complaints from Ground customers regarding missed pick-ups, mis-deliveries, unprofessional conduct, bad hygiene etc. We’ve heard more than an earful out there, so yeah, we have knowledge on how Ground operates alright.
How can anyone possibly believe that experience has any bearing on what the OP is asking for?

It will be fine

For those so called "successful" contractors, their success is due in no small part to being lucky enough to be operating in the one the more lucrative parts of the country. Areas that are much more in tune with the overall business model. Fast growing, modern infrastructure, population dense, high per capita incomes high per capita consumption and a large pool of cheap labor to draw from . The simple fact is that it doesn't exist everywhere. And FXG is a consumption driven business.

The individual who is interested in making a sizable investment in a contract especially if he's putting his own personal assets on the line had better have all the aforementioned advantages working for him.
There are countless successful rural contractors across the nation. To claim otherwise is obviously nonsense.

bacha29

You doubt that there are lots of successful contractors across the nation?
I said that What I'm saying is that the XG business model doesn't work well in those parts of the country whose demographics do not match up well with the business model . if that isn't true then why is Bezos only taking the easy in town stuff while leaving the money losing boonie boxes for the other carriers? Fat Freddy was right when he told Bezos to go pound salt when he saw what he was up to.

STFXG

If you want to see how it’s done you can wait until the spring and shadow BBSAM while he mows the soccer fields and collects fat checks from Fred.