Losing attendance bonus on 2/25/22

Hey all. Just found out that we're losing out $90 weekly attendance bonus. I'm in the 177 in Central Jersey. Also found out that our PT supes are getting a nice $3-$5 dollar raise on their $21.47 hourly salary.

As far as we know management has no plans on increas
ing our IBT/CBA negotiated wage of $15 per hour plus COLA. It's been crazy here lately with all the call outs and resignations our hub is on a skeleton crew.

Morale is really low for all of the package handlers. We've already lost like 40 people already and more keep leaving every week. I sure hope they consider raising our pay to at least $18 an hour to be competitive with Amazon and FedEx

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Hey all. Just found out that we're losing out $90 weekly attendance bonus. I'm in the 177 in Central Jersey. Also found out that our PT supes are getting a nice $3-$5 dollar raise on their $21.47 hourly salary.

ing our IBT/CBA negotiated wage of $15 per hour plus COLA. It's been crazy here lately with all the call outs and resignations our hub is on a skeleton crew.

Morale is really low for all of the package handlers. We've already lost like 40 people already and more keep leaving every week. I sure hope they consider raising our pay to at least $18 an hour to be competitive with Amazon and FedEx

The longer you stick around the more you will learn this every single day. This company will gladly step over a dime to pick up a penny. They cut the extra pay for loaders at my hub and ohh boy nothing but new faces. Willing to loose people just to save a few extra dollars a day. Ohh well. I’ll keep making $60 an hour preloading and filing grievances on any supervisors working…..because that makes more sense to carol.

Satuirus2000

So your hub is about to start sups at $24 an hour and keep you all at $15 an hour? Genius. Pure genius.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Sounds like you need to head over to Amazon or fedx

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Ups actually ends up making money by having people quit, the job still gets done just with less workers, they are cutting some serious time in my building right now 2

542thruNthru

Isn't the company supposed to be worrying about a potential strike next year?

With the way the company has been acting it seems they don't seem to worried. Almost like they are daring us.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Don't forget about the 4th quarter earnings statement where UPS recorded record profits (again), while raising dividends for the stockholders 49%.

How in the hell can they do this while paying the contractual onus?

Stop being so selfish (sarcasm).

542thruNthru

They aren't....yet.

....and won't be shaking if we don't wake up.

In my opinion it starts with an all blitz on part-time supervisors working in the sorts....a monumental task.
It's the wake up part that worries me. I know as a unified unit we'd be unstoppable. The problem is I think we are more divided then ever. I hope to see a good game plan come out when O'Brien takes over.

My biggest fear is we are going to be fighting amongst ourselves for what we want more than focusing on fighting UPS to get the best contract possible. Too many members say "Who cares about (22.4, PT, Combo, RPCD). I'm not fighting for that. I want ...."

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's the wake up part that worries me. I know as a unified unit we'd be unstoppable. The problem is I think we are more divided then ever. I hope to see a good game plan come out when O'Brien takes over.

My biggest fear is we are going to be fighting amongst ourselves for what we want more than focusing on fighting UPS to get the best contract possible. Too many members say "Who cares about (22.4, PT, Combo, RPCD). I'm not fighting for that. I want ...."
Either way, as long as the West comes out ahead,....right?

(forgot about that dynamic, didn't you?)

542thruNthru

Either way, as long as the West comes out ahead,....right?

(forgot about that dynamic, didn't you?)
Lol, that's just me messing with people.

We just went to arbitration for what we call utility bid ratios. Hoping to get a decision in our favor. All I could think about as my steward told me about it is how the language should be in the master for all. It forces the company to keep a certain bench of FT driver's that don't hold a bid. It would help stop the company from understaffing centers and working driver's to death like they do so much across the country.

but at the same time... Yes the West is the best. ;)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
All I could think about as my steward told me about it is how the language should be in the master for all.
....and there it is.

Until we act as one as a bargaining unit the Company will play us against each other and have the upper hand, regardless of job classification.

The Master will never be "The Master" until it is truly applies to everyone equally?

542thruNthru

....and there it is.

Until we act as one as a bargaining unit the Company will play us against each other and have the upper hand, regardless of job classification.

The Master will never be "The Master" until it is truly applies to everyone equally?
I agree but that's asking politicians to put their egos aside because it's not the members holding that up correct?