Losing attendance bonus on 2/25/22

Labelflipper

Hey all. Just found out that we're losing out $90 weekly attendance bonus. I'm in the 177 in Central Jersey. Also found out that our PT supes are getting a nice $3-$5 dollar raise on their $21.47 hourly salary.

As far as we know management has no plans on increas
ing our IBT/CBA negotiated wage of $15 per hour plus COLA. It's been crazy here lately with all the call outs and resignations our hub is on a skeleton crew.

Morale is really low for all of the package handlers. We've already lost like 40 people already and more keep leaving every week. I sure hope they consider raising our pay to at least $18 an hour to be competitive with Amazon and FedEx
Curious how you found out about this, and if you know if it will be nationwide. Since this is happening at your location, I'm thinking it will be nationwide, since they took the MRA away nationwide. Any tips on how to find this out, in any location, would be appreciated. We, 104 in AZ, were not informed about the MRA until after it happened.

Alot of package handlers have left here too, also lots of call in's. I also hope they consider raising the pay back up. Maybe with all the people leaving, and leaving hubs short staffed, UPS will consider it.....I doubt it, but it would be wise for them to do so.

Labelflipper

It's the wake up part that worries me. I know as a unified unit we'd be unstoppable. The problem is I think we are more divided then ever. I hope to see a good game plan come out when O'Brien takes over.

My biggest fear is we are going to be fighting amongst ourselves for what we want more than focusing on fighting UPS to get the best contract possible. Too many members say "Who cares about (22.4, PT, Combo, RPCD). I'm not fighting for that. I want ...."
You are absolutely correct!! What you said, "biggest fear is we are going to be fighting amongst ourselves" is the key to all of it.
I feel like the fighting amongst ourselves is already happening.

In general, so many of us are just out for ourselves and don't care about what happens to other's, as long as you get what's best for yourself. But, we are a Union of brother's and sister's and we need to stand together, and try to get what's best for all of us.

Everyone needs each other to get the job done, (22.4, PT, Combo, RPCD). I can see why it's divided, cuz everyone thinks their job is the hardest, or worth more, or they have to do more than someone else, or whatever. Now, we have PT not wanting to put forth any effort in doing their job cuz MRA was taken away, FT pissed off cuz PT got MRA, Drivers pissed off cuz they are being shuffled around, working long hours, and package cars not loaded correctly cuz there is a shortage of staff cuz package handlers are quitting.

My question is, how can we get everyone united and overcome all that is happening??

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Now, we have PT not wanting to put forth any effort in doing their job cuz MRA was taken away, FT pissed off cuz PT got MRA, Drivers pissed off cuz they are being shuffled around, working long hours, and package cars not loaded correctly cuz there is a shortage of staff cuz package handlers are quitting.

My question is, how can we get everyone united and overcome all that is happening??
What about pt workers that never received MRA raise or attendance bonus,that still put forth effort?

Labelflipper

"Swanson said:
What about pt workers that never received MRA raise or attendance bonus, that still put forth effort"

I can say they are like me, and put forth effort no matter what the circumstances, but honestly have no clue why they didn't receive the MRA and aren't getting the attendance bonus. And they are like me, not wanting to find another work place where you have to start all over again.

I think it has to do with UPS trying to divide all of us, give some locations something, but not others. They know what they are doing, and it looks like it's working, and it's sad.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
"Swanson said:
What about pt workers that never received MRA raise or attendance bonus, that still put forth effort"

I can say they are like me, and put forth effort no matter what the circumstances, but honestly have no clue why they didn't receive the MRA and aren't getting the attendance bonus. And they are like me, not wanting to find another work place where you have to start all over again.

I think it has to do with UPS trying to divide all of us, give some locations something, but not others. They know what they are doing, and it looks like it's working, and it's sad.
MRA=Market Rate Adjustment

UPS offers and maintains MRA's and attendance bonuses where they perceive a job market that leaves them in a position where they cannot adequately staff without offering them.

I don't believe UPS pays a penny more than they have to, to anybody these days....except the stockholders.

Swanson

"Swanson said:

They don't have to give an MRA raise,when they can hire more supervisors and have them do all the work since they are "short staffed".

MRA=Market Rate Adjustment

UPS offers and maintains MRA's and attendance bonuses where they perceive a job market that leaves them in a position where they cannot adequately staff without offering them.

I don't believe UPS pays a penny more than they have to, to anybody these days....except the stockholders.
They paid them a lot of pennies..,.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I think they are trying to drive out anyone that is halfway competent. Those people can go elsewhere and find better pay. They don’t want knowledgeable long-term employees working part time. They just want a steady supply of bodies. High turnover = weak union.

Swanson

I think they are trying to drive out anyone that is halfway competent. Those people can go elsewhere and find better pay. They don’t want knowledgeable long-term employees working part time. They just want a steady supply of bodies. High turnover = weak union.
Why pay union members when you can have management do the work and get away with it

22.34life

Something needs to be addressed about these attendance bonus and mra pay increases that the company takes away.i understand its not a contract issue and the company can do it but in negotiations there needs to be some brainstorming because in my building the mra raise was a total disaster.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Something needs to be addressed about these attendance bonus and mra pay increases that the company takes away.i understand its not a contract issue and the company can do it but in negotiations there needs to be some brainstorming because in my building the mra raise was a total disaster.
You got any suggestions or you just looking for somebody to whine at

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
The MRA is an embarrassment for the Union. The rank and file should have competitive wages that are negotiated by the Union and not dependent upon UPS’s generosity. The fact that our wages in some areas are not competitive demonstrates how out of touch the international is with half of its members.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why pay attendance bonus when volume is down? Poor attendance is good for the company right now. No need to lay off.