IESucks

Not necessarily hospitals will usually check your coverage before performing any procedure and if you don't have coverage they will ask for a down payment.
Incorrect, the system shows she has coverage but updates weekly as contributions are made by ups.No contribution no insurance. No hours for a week no contribution. Takes a month or so for insurance to figure it out . Been there, I know from experience

Johney

Incorrect, the system shows she has coverage but updates weekly as contributions are made by ups.No contribution no insurance. No hours for a week no contribution. Takes a month or so for insurance to figure it out . Been there, I know from experience
I understand this, but if they called and she had coverage at the time it's on them. Been there also. Besides just pay the COBRA if there are issues it's going to be a lot cheaper.

IESucks

I understand this, but if they called and she had coverage at the time it's on them. Been there also. Besides just pay the COBRA if there are issues it's going to be a lot cheaper.
No sir, incorrect. You couldn't be more wrong. Except paying cobra for that one week

IESucks

The first week I was out I worked Monday and had the surgery on Tuesday. So it was only one week (2nd week) that I didn’t work. Insurance was billed that first week.
Excellent! You had coverage. If you had no med bills the second week you have nothing to worry about. The first day you came back in the third week your coverage began again for that week

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Excellent! You had coverage. If you had no med bills the second week you have nothing to worry about. The first day you came back in the third week your coverage began again for that week
That’s what I needed to know. I’ll call teamcare Monday to confirm, I’m assuming I just received an automated letter. What worried me was that it didn’t say my insurance would kick back in, it said I was eligible for cobra from now until 2020.

IESucks

That’s what I needed to know. I’ll call teamcare Monday to confirm, I’m assuming I just received an automated letter. What worried me was that it didn’t say my insurance would kick back in, it said I was eligible for cobra from now until 2020.
Yes, your basic form letter. You are perfectly fine. Enjoy your Sunday with no worries.

IESucks

Years and years ago I called teamcare for the exact same reason.

watdaflock?

Last month I was out for two weeks for a non work related surgery, both my center manager and my shop steward said I didn’t need to worry about not getting my one day a week in payroll to keep my health benefits. Just got the letter today from Central States saying my insurance coverage has been terminated and given an application for cobra. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Make sure you get your one day a week, next time.

Hope this helps.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If you had surgery, you obviously had a "serious health condition". Simply apply for FMLA and your health insurance is covered. This isn't rocket science.

Johney

Poor thing. You tried but guessing doesn't help. Move on to offer uninformed opinions elsewhere. Lmao
Oh my goodness you're an insurance GURU oh my what am I to do! Keep your day job. You have your opinion I have mine, you think your info is right as do I. Done. Have a nice day.