Brown_Star

Methods Man
If I win I will disappear into the sunset and hire someone to give Upstate a hard time for me.
image.jpg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It's funny that people do this. 800 million is worth taking a chance on but not a paltry 300 million? I win 1 million I retire tomorrow.
I think it's because it's on your mind when you walk in and it's the buzz. Bought mine when I grabbed a muffin at Quik Trip, after 3pm they discount them to .69 vs the normal price of 1.39 I think. Guy at the counter had a stack of pre printed quick picks he was just handing out if you were doing one ticket.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just FYI everyone I think my percentage chance of winning is a little high. I think I based it on a 1/232 million not 1/292 million. Lol

JL 0513

As nice as it would be, I wouldn't want the negative attention and fame that would come from winning the biggest lottery in history. Then...

Do you make every one of your family members rich too? How much each? Even distant cousins? Co-workers? Where would it end?

It's funny that people do this. 800 million is worth taking a chance on but not a paltry 300 million? I win 1 million I retire tomorrow.

$1 million? That's really not much money. Drivers make $1 million every 11 years. So unless you are less than maybe 5 years away from retirement it wouldn't be worth retiring. I would likely work until my scheduled retirement age while using the million to pay off my mortgage and put the rest to retirement and enhancing other parts of my life.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I think it's because it's on your mind when you walk in and it's the buzz. Bought mine when I grabbed a muffin at Quik Trip, after 3pm they discount them to .69 vs the normal price of 1.39 I think. Guy at the counter had a stack of pre printed quick picks he was just handing out if you were doing one ticket.
I can't remember the last time I bought a lottery ticket personally. Just a group of people that play 3 bucks a week each.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
As nice as it would be, I wouldn't want the negative attention and fame that would come from winning the biggest lottery in history. Then...

Do you make every one of your family members rich too? How much each? Even distant cousins? Co-workers? Where would it end?

Parents and siblings get some money and the wife and I would each give our best friend a little.

That's where it would stop.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I would give money to my family, friends, and co workers. I'd save about 20 million for myself and donate the rest to different charities. That way people know I dont have the hundreds of millions of dollars I just won and wont bother me!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes you are correct; nothing wrong with spending a few bucks its fun; I literally know people that spend 20-30 a week on the lottery...
its the same as any other addiction....

I think my wife picked up some tickets= ]

I have seen people literally scrape change together in order to buy scratch offs.

I have also seen people playing Quick Draw at 10 in the morning and come back later in the day to see the same people still playing.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"one million isn't enough" IS "in and of itself" since I didn't mention anything else. So my statement doesn't need your add-ons!