Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Where's our boom charm?

He can have sloppy thirds. Or 4ths depending on what my wife thinks of her.
image.jpeg

BrownBrokeDown

Taking the lump sum, there are ways to insure long term viability if you have half a brain. Put some in a retirement acct, some in "safe" investments like cods, etc. Taking the payments, inflation could eat away at that extra money and more.

upschuck

You'll pay more in intrest on loans and make less on investments.

Think of it this way. What if ups had given you 30 years of wages up front?

Your dollars would of went a lot farther 30 years ago. You could of paid off all kinds of things then watched your money grow.
That is for the person who is fiscally responsible. Some people would have spent it all in a couple years.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would find out how 15 Fortune 500 companies were able to not pay a single dime in Federal taxes in 2014 and do what they do.

BrownBrokeDown

Plus, with lump sum, you pay lump taxes and then just pay on income thereafter, whereas monthly payment, you pay taxes on the initial income for 30 years.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I would find out how 15 Fortune 500 companies were able to not pay a single dime in Federal taxes in 2014 and do what they do.
Pump money back into the company. Pretty simple really.

I keep telling my wife this farm won't put more money in our pocket but it'll save us a ton on taxes and that tax money will go to buy things of actual value instead of go to the government. Therefor increases our net worth.