Low seniority wins a Mon-Fri bid.....Saturdays????

iruhnman630

... Center seniority dictates who works Monday-Friday.... Any high seniority driver that volunteers to work Saturday by accepting a T-S route must work every Saturday.
The 2 practices contradict each other.

The high seniority who sign a Tu-Sat bid are signing the bid as written, just as low seniority who signs a Mon-Fri bid.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The 2 practices contradict each other.

The high seniority who sign a Tu-Sat bid are signing the bid as written, just as low seniority who signs a Mon-Fri bid.
The way I understand it is, a high seniority person can choose to work T-S, but not the other way around for the low.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
I have my own route. It is a training route. Stewards tell me that if someone is training on my route, I automatically get bumped to top utility driver and pick any route I want, or go home.

So maybe it isn’t so bad taking a training route, depending on your local.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I have my own route. It is a training route. Stewards tell me that if someone is training on my route, I automatically get bumped to top utility driver and pick any route I want, or go home.

So maybe it isn’t so bad taking a training route, depending on your local.
I don't think that's accurate . If there is another driver with more seniority, he would be able to choose a route over you.

iruhnman630

The way I understand it is, a high seniority person can choose to work T-S, but not the other way around for the low.
That is the claim.

But in my opinion they are being inconsistent about whether the priority is on seniority or the specifics of the bid.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
One problem is: A driver with higher seniority that takes a T-Sat job and then decides he or she wants Saturday's off. What do you do then?

I feel once the lines are established, that should be it. You stay on T-S until another position opens. Either that or make the line which you cannot cross.

lolbr

One problem is: A driver with higher seniority that takes a T-Sat job and then decides he or she wants Saturday's off. What do you do then?

I feel once the lines are established, that should be it. You stay on T-S until another position opens. Either that or make the line which you cannot cross.
They use an option day or call in sick.

They used their seniority to get the T-S route. If they don't want to work Saturdays, then they can bid on a M-friend route.

If they weren't given the option to bump off the route when it switched to T-S, they need to talk to their BA.

iruhnman630

The line was supposedly established as signing the bid means accepting the description of the bid.

In this case, the bid is described as Monday through Friday, and the winning driver should be allowed to work Mon-Fri whenever he/she is on the route, and perhaps even when the route is being used for training as well.