Lower seniority friend/t driver/feeder laying off higher seniority p/t preload??

RedThunder

It depends on what supplement you work under. In the Atlantic Area he can't bump you.

"after a 1 day layoff, full-time seniority employees who may be subject to layoff may in order of their seniority elect to take the work of part-time employees, if any, for the duration of the layoff provided the full-time employee has more Company seniority than the part-time employee being displaced."

1000RR

Here drivers can only bump FT/PT employees with LESS COMPANY SENIORITY and it starts at the BOTTOM of the list. So in other words a FT driver with 6 months company seniority couldnt bump a PT with 4 years seniority REGARDLESS of PT/FT. It may be different in your area, but here that is how it works.

badpal

Here drivers can only bump FT/PT employees with LESS COMPANY SENIORITY and it starts at the BOTTOM of the list. So in other words a FT driver with 6 months company seniority couldnt bump a PT with 4 years seniority REGARDLESS of PT/FT. It may be different in your area, but here that is how it works.
I believe thats right to bump YOU off the preload they would need more company senority than you.

jedster

Thank you everyone for all the information. I have a friend that was hired under the same contract as i was and she is no longer with ups so i will try to contact her and see if she has a copy of the contract. When she was still working with me she always told me everything depends on which contract i was hired under so its looking like you guys agree with that. I will update when I find out more.