LU 177 "selective" Seniority.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Why??? By the time you get the run down its time to move on....
Get a run down? Come on bro, that takes about 2 days. They change runs around a lot more in feeder than they did in package, in 6 months it might be a lot different than it was when you bid it. The run I'm on now started out with 4 TA's now it's up to 8, I don't mind but a lot of guys would and bidding every 6 months gives you the chance to move on if the run changes in a way that you don't like.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Get a run down? Come on bro, that takes about 2 days. They change runs around a lot more in feeder than they did in package, in 6 months it might be a lot different than it was when you bid it. The run I'm on now started out with 4 TA's now it's up to 8, I don't mind but a lot of guys would and bidding every 6 months gives you the chance to move on if the run changes in a way that you don't like.
So they have doubled your work on that run...sounds like you are letting them punk you "bro"...

Why are so many guys coming off the street??? Can't remember the last time feeder here hired off the street.... Mid 1980's????
The ratio is 2/2/1, Package/feeder/street... If there is no feeder to feeder transfer on the list it goes 2/1, package/street... If a package driver goes back, they just keep going through the ratio.... So if feeder drivers are needed and no feeder to feeder transfers are not the list and ten package go back to package, five off the street will be hired...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The ratio is 2/2/1, Package/feeder/street... If there is no feeder to feeder transfer on the list it goes 2/1, package/street... If a package driver goes back, they just keep going through the ratio.... So if feeder drivers are needed and no feeder to feeder transfers are not the list and ten package go back to package, five off the street will be hired...
Seems high for outside hires...

It is high, but that's the way the 177 regime back in the day wanted it. If it was being done the right way, totally based on company seniority now, and someone came along and said, "we should change things to classification seniority, screw company seniority" they would be called crazy.

With the transfers and all, of course some will go back to package. A package driver isn't desperate for a job, he already has one. Some try feeders and say "meh" not for me. So what if they change their mind in the future. The street guys who say "you should've stayed in package" should've stayed where ever they were working before they came to UPS. It's absurd to and disrespectful to have 5-10-15 years and bump a 25-30 year package guy who walked the picket line in 97, but only has a few years doing something a little different for the company he has physically given everything for.

It is high, but that's the way the 177 regime back in the day wanted it. If it was being done the right way, totally based on company seniority now, and someone came along and said, "we should change things to classification seniority, screw company seniority" they would be called crazy.

With the transfers and all, of course some will go back to package. A package driver isn't desperate for a job, he already has one. Some try feeders and say "meh" not for me. So what if they change their mind in the future. The street guys who say "you should've stayed in package" should've stayed where ever they were working before they came to UPS. It's absurd to and disrespectful to have 5-10-15 years and bump a 25-30 year package guy who walked the picket line in 97, but only has a few years doing something a little different for the company he has physically given everything for.
You should write poetry...