Lunch skippers

BrownTexas

I totally get and agree with what your saying, but you and I both know at most centers that most drivers aren't going to go in unison and take their lunches during the day. But your right though, if that happened they would have to put way more routes in. I wish the diad went down automatically like it does in California at a certain time of the day. Well that's what I heard happens in Cali.
Oh how I dream of the day when all drivers got the balls to take lunch at the same time in one day and UPS :censored2:s themselves when they look at the computer and see that no work is getting done for the entire hour. How magical that would be.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wish the diad shut down here. Lunch skippers (here they are usually the bonus whores) would throw a fit if it was even mentioned. Most of the lunch skippers are management favorites (on paper anyway) so we'll never see that here.

We are adults and don't need "big brother" to shut down our DIADs just to make sure we take our lunches.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nothing wrong with taking lunch at end of day as long as you take it, that's all that matters. Every center, every route is different. Different start times and lots of variables let you know when you can and can not take lunch. Im not saying either one is preferred just stating you are giving them free money, you could be putting into your retirement fund. I myself take it at the end of the day because I like to stay on pace or close to it as I can sorta speak. I can drive and graze all day and when im done ill take it. Like I said every area and every route is different.

Taking lunch at the end of the day plays right in to their hands.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm waiting for the day they let me respond to the message we get daily telling us to " Make sure our hour break is recorded in our Diad" so I can give my 2 cents about telling them they forgot to tell people to actually take it.

Replying to an ODS is not the way to get your message across. Nothing will change until the company decides to crack down on those who work through their lunches and we all know that they won't do this on their own. We need the Union to step up on this issue. We all know who the lunch skippers are-----it would be a simple as printing out their time card and delivery records.

jaker

trolling
Even with the diad locking down , you can still skip your lunch you just have to be wise about your time when you do punch out for lunch

No lunch skipping, for me!
20140507_172921.jpg

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I too believe the main reason they work through lunch is they are scared, plain and simple. Start checking telematics I say. Funny how the company worries about every back, every mile, but not driver doing this. Put this number on the stupid daily report they they plaster on the wall every morning. WDB- work during break, so easy to do. Did the truck move, anything scanned? Then the steward can grieve it.

I never hear of feeders folks doing this?

If you work thru lunch and get paid for it, why would you care?
If you are working thru lunch so you can take it easy and not a have a sense of urgency then its just as bad.
I do not believe it says - its mandatory to take a lunch or paid break. Yes you should take your lunch because you work hard and everyone needs a break.

I plan your day with a l hour lunch taken into account.

If you work thru lunch and get paid for it, why would you care?
If you are working thru lunch so you can take it easy and not a have a sense of urgency then its just as bad.
I do not believe it says - its mandatory to take a lunch or paid break. Yes you should take your lunch because you work hard and everyone needs a break.

I plan your day with a l hour lunch taken into account.
The contract says..how much, and when you are supposed to take your lunch break...maybe read the contract??.hmm

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I don't think the company will allow anyone not to put lunch in the DIAD. You are right. If they did, no one would care. Were talking about drivers that put in the hour lunch then work through the hour.