Macon GA

fdxsux

We were told there were stations scheduled to merge in the middle of October and the beginning of November but they were suspended.

zeev

Would be funny if they went through this whole exercise to get older couriers to take retirement and leave, replacing them with cheap newhires.
They have been doing this for years, no union means you can target senior drivers into retirement and replace with no pension, lower wage workers on the phony long term pay scale.

vantexan

They have been doing this for years, no union means you can target senior drivers into retirement and replace with no pension, lower wage workers on the phony long term pay scale.
But they have to do that piecemeal. What if this is all a psy-op to cause a mass exodus? Not saying it is, but with FedEx you never know.

Artee

Got told today , there’s less stations merging and we have freight coming back from ground. Might just be us , I don’t know.
We used to take 3 to 3.5 positions of bled off Express freight over to Ground every morning. We are down to about 1 now. Either there is less freight to take over there, or Express is holding more back to give its employees something to do, or maybe Express is not seeing the results they are expecting out of the Ground deliveries. The inbound daily volume for the one station has stayed pretty steady over the past 12 months and with volume down they just might be keeping the daily numbers at the Express station consistent by holding more freight back from Ground.

The Ground managers were in watching the AM sort at this Express station a few weeks ago and had mentioned that they would like to see the amount of freight they are currently receiving from this station increase.

Gone fishin

We used to take 3 to 3.5 positions of bled off Express freight over to Ground every morning. We are down to about 1 now. Either there is less freight to take over there, or Express is holding more back to give its employees something to do, or maybe Express is not seeing the results they are expecting out of the Ground deliveries. The inbound daily volume for the one station has stayed pretty steady over the past 12 months and with volume down they just might be keeping the daily numbers at the Express station consistent by holding more freight back from Ground.

The Ground managers were in watching the AM sort at this Express station a few weeks ago and had mentioned that they would like to see the amount of freight they are currently receiving from this station increase.
Think it depends on market , my area has too many blue collar jobs paying just as much or more than Fedx. The ground hub actually has people shipped in from out of state to run routes. We were told customers are seeing what’s happening and are shipping more standard and p1.
Our area ground can’t handle the freight , so we’re getting more back. We just got fully staffed for the time being at express and also signed a 5 year lease.
WHO KNOWS WHAT THEYRE DOING

Myort

It’s a crap show. 2 stations, both within an hour of out station closed. Now, we have an ultra extended area where we have to deliver FO, haz, and priority alert packages. We have couriers driving hundreds of miles a day for just a few stops. The stops are 20-30 minutes apart. Real efficient.

Gone fishin

It’s a crap show. 2 stations, both within an hour of out station closed. Now, we have an ultra extended area where we have to deliver FO, haz, and priority alert packages. We have couriers driving hundreds of miles a day for just a few stops. The stops are 20-30 minutes apart. Real efficient.
FedEx will never understand their biggest asset by far is a well paid , quality courier. They have done everything but that , it’s why they’re in the position they are today

SmithBarney

Have you or anyone seen anything other than a deleted FB post that even suggested such a thing?
Well if FedEx Careers is any indication 860 Express Positions open compared to 300ish ground(I know ground doesn't hire drivers through that site)
Just remember kids, after peak, the cuts and closures continue... so think about how much you want to give the company for Christmas...

It will be fine

If I have a pizza place and burn everything, I won’t go to your establishment. I don’t understand why you think people are ok with horrible service , it’s literally our business. People drive me cccccrrraazzzzyyyy
The cries of doom and gloom on this site have been constant for decades. Profits are at record highs. I don’t understand why you think executives care about anything besides profits, it’s literally the entire purpose of business. People drive me craaaaaazzzyy.

Gone fishin

Well if FedEx Careers is any indication 860 Express Positions open compared to 300ish ground(I know ground doesn't hire drivers through that site)
Just remember kids, after peak, the cuts and closures continue... so think about how much you want to give the company for Christmas...
Just remember , customers don’t care what moves you make. They better get what they pay for , or they’ll leave

MAKAVELI

The cries of doom and gloom on this site have been constant for decades. Profits are at record highs. I don’t understand why you think executives care about anything besides profits, it’s literally the entire purpose of business. People drive me craaaaaazzzyy.
Profits aren't at record highs. They were at the peak of COVID. Having two separate OPCOs is weighing down efficiency which is why they are merging the two. Problem is the contractor model isn't a stable model and not going to save the Corporation in the future. It will be the death of it.