Macon GA

NC man

Station was closed and Ground was supposed to handle everything. Now they are re opening and trying to call back Express drivers. That did not take long.

zeev

I saw it about Macon probably will be taken down , I have seen a couple items about lots of 1200 trucks parked at Express , maybe they are gonna dump all the Ground back at Express.

zeev

It all depends on how ready Ground is to take the volume, FedEx has done everything to alienate the contractors and if they are losing money no reason to stay. Spencer Patton they showed him and the rest of the contractors they are worth nothing.

It will be fine

It all depends on how ready Ground is to take the volume, FedEx has done everything to alienate the contractors and if they are losing money no reason to stay. Spencer Patton they showed him and the rest of the contractors they are worth nothing.
They are trying different compensation models in different areas. In some, contractors are getting paid a premium for P1 deliveries. In some, contractors can earn an incentive if they hit service percentage numbers on timed deliveries for the week. In some, they are giving the contractors nothing on top of their regular stop and package rate.

I’d guess the areas that are struggling are the ones getting paid the least. Contractors can solve any issues if compensated properly. If there’s no money to be made service goes down in exchange for turning a profit.

Mutineer

I’d guess the areas that are struggling are the ones getting paid the least. Contractors can solve any issues if compensated properly. If there’s no money to be made service goes down in exchange for turning a profit.

From my observations and experiences, it really is that simple.

And it is obvious that the great minds in the corporate offices at FedEx very much believe the problems can be solved in another way.

vantexan

From my observations and experiences, it really is that simple.

And it is obvious that the great minds in the corporate offices at FedEx very much believe the problems can be solved in another way.
The company always looks for the least expensive way and will only pay more when they've exhausted every alternative. And slowly ratchet the pay up so that they can avoid paying a penny more than absolutely necessary.