Ground taking over

Lates

Was told today at a station outside of nashville CKVA will be losing a third of its full time employees do to ground taking the bulk of our freight. They built a new ground building that express is supposed to operate out of as well. They will be taking more than deferred packages includes nearly everything in town and supposedly will make the same commits that we do.

MAKAVELI

Was told today at a station outside of nashville CKVA will be losing a third of its full time employees do to ground taking the bulk of our freight. They built a new ground building that express is supposed to operate out of as well. They will be taking more than deferred packages includes nearly everything in town and supposedly will make the same commits that we do.
Just sit back and watch the 💩 show. Having Ground take over Express is going to make this company implode.

Gone fishin

Thank god I don’t need the money and close to retirement. Fedex will be done in 5 years if true

bacha29

No question FDX will and rather quickly at that become a freight forwarder/logistics/ broker. Just as Makavelli says it will be. They ain't fooling around despite the obvious deficiencies in the Ground model, Whether they don't know they exist or know that they exist but feel that they'll just have to chance it, we'll soon find out.

Hell, Ground contractors struggled to find somebody willing to take the deal hauling ground box. Throw air in on top of them? This is really going to be a show to see. So get your soda and popcorn ready. This is going to be fun.

bacha29

Just sit back and watch the 💩 show. Having Ground take over Express is going to make this company implode.
Could they be counting on veteran Express box mules being freely willing to go over to Ground and work for Ground wages and benefits?......Oh, that's right. They're aren't any benefits . Then again the way things are going the ones who stay at Express aren't going to have any after awhile either.

Gone fishin

No question FDX will and rather quickly at that become a freight forwarder/logistics/ broker. Just as Makavelli says it will be. They ain't fooling around despite the obvious deficiencies in the Ground model, Whether they don't know they exist or know that they exist but feel that they'll just have to chance it, we'll soon find out.

Hell, Ground contractors struggled to find somebody willing to take the deal hauling ground box. Throw air in on top of them? This is really going to be a show to see. So get your soda and popcorn ready. This is going to be fun.
I literally had companies on my rt say they can’t use fedex because of ground.

bacha29

I literally had companies on my rt say they can’t use fedex because of ground.
Express are the Borg. Everybody over there must willingly assimilate or get sent off the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy for some of that Special High Intensity Training they rave about. And they come back with reduced thought processes and cognitive skills making it much easier for them to assimilate

Ground are the Klingons. Crude, backward, not blessed with social graces or education because neither one matters. They don't care what they look like or what anybody thinks of them. Anybody gives them any lip, that lip is usually bruised and bloodied.

Replacing Express couriers with Ground people will be like replacing librarians with motorcycle gangs.

MAKAVELI

Could they be counting on veteran Express box mules being freely willing to go over to Ground and work for Ground wages and benefits?......Oh, that's right. They're aren't any benefits . Then again the way things are going the ones who stay at Express aren't going to have any after awhile either.
Oh hell no. Not one veteran would go to Ground. And few if any newbies would go either.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Notice 59Dano hasn't come on here to refute this? Why not? The world of alternative facts says that FedEx is still the same!! All you have to do is BELIEVE in the magic of Fred and live the Purple Promise.

Nope. The RLA needs to go. Now.

zeev

Express small package probably sooner since the final mile is now dominated by low wage Ground and Amazon. Profitable parts FedEx Freight and air Express freight will survive. Director like scaring the serfs less Express employees you have to get rid of when Ground takes over.

Gone fishin

Express small package probably sooner since the final mile is now dominated by low wage Ground and Amazon. Profitable parts FedEx Freight and air Express freight will survive. Director like scaring the serfs less Express employees you have to get rid of when Ground takes over.
My senior said off the record within 10-12 years everyone will be federal express employees. Ground ran its course and it’s starting to hurt the company. It’s obvious

bacha29

My senior said off the record within 10-12 years everyone will be federal express employees. Ground ran its course and it’s starting to hurt the company. It’s obvious
"What A Fool Believes"....The Doobie Brothers.

He's going to tell you this in the hope that you'll stick around until they're done systematically downsizing Fedex Express. You see, they don't want you to go when you want to go. Rather they want you to go when they want you to go.

Gone fishin

He's going to tell you this in the hope that you'll stick around until they're done systematically downsizing Fedex Express. You see, they don't want you to go when you want to go. Rather they want you to go when they want you to go.
I’d never underestimate the stupidity of fedex and whatever happens won’t surprise me. I look at this company from a 35 year courier understanding customers wants and needs.
The idea that customers don’t care when they get their deliveries is ridiculous. I know from reality of what I’ve seen is ground is very unreliable as the numbers show. If they want to put the success of their company in the hands of an inept division, that’s on them.
As I said , I’m about out. Doesn’t really matter to me , just my 2 cents

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

This. What you're seeing now is a Kellyanne Conway alternative facts version of events coming from the usual suspects, which are management, the shill(s), the Deep State types, and the Purple People. None of them will openly admit to what's really going on because it would A) Cause a mass exodus of Express employees (management), B) We need to preserve The RLA (shills), C) Vantexan types who want to protect the Job Creators and kill unions even if it's at their own expense, and D) Those so full of The Grape Kool-Aid that they cannot possibly believe FedEx would screw them, even though they've been screwed so many times their exit hole looks like a funnel on The Queen Mary.

It's a FAUX world out there. Management at the senior level and above definitely know the long-term plan and Raj has basically confirmed it through his informational statements. It couldn't be much clearer, but, then again, there are a lot of you who think like Kellyanne. George made the right move BTW.

Lates

Definitely true I work at CKVA had a meeting the other week with the senior to tell us we were moving to a new building. A week later they told us 10 full time couriers will be cut at the end of May when we move and ground takes a large piece of our freight.

Last edited: