Made a mistake

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Get fired and stay fired are two very different things.

Why do you always try to scare drivers with the worst case scenario when they mess up. This thread is a prime example. The driver didn't even get a warning letter, yet you are speculating he may be fired.

And you know of "dozens of such examples"?

I call BS on you. You know "dozens" of firings for big mess ups that are not dishonesty?
"Dozens" would mean at least 24.

I have worked at UPS for over 40 years. I am involved with the union, I go to meetings, I know what goes on in my center. I doubt we have had over a dozen firings for non-dishonesty infractions in 40 years.

Cardinal sins will get you fired, not honest mistakes..Physically threatening, violence, sexual harassment, serious accidents etc.

If you want to constantly live in fear for your job, fine. But why do you feel the need to try to scare every driver who has a question about discipline?

And obviously you were never fired for running out of fuel. Your supervisor may have tried to fool you into believing you could be....But he would be full of it.
He’s been scared to death his whole career dont expect things to change now

quad decade guy

He’s been scared to death his whole career dont expect things to change now
Nope.

Smart. Unlike you....

Maybe the OP could ask for some career advice....you would be the last person on Earth though....

Me? Scared to death....a deluded figment of your imagination.

Hi ho hi ho it's off to cash that fat paycheck I go....

Jealous?

542thruNthru

We had a guy go just through that for several weeks.....he was "accused" of time stealing......in the end he came back to work through a local hearing.....WITHOUT BACK PAY! I have seen this countless times....dozens....yes 24.

And all this claiming that I've been tricked........fooled.....see above.
This thread is about a making a mistake. Forgetting to fuel your truck or putting the wrong fuel in your truck is a lot different than being accused of stealing time.

But hey keep moving that goal post until you're right.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Nope.

Smart. Unlike you....

Maybe the OP could ask for some career advice....you would be the last person on Earth though....

Me? Scared to death....a deluded figment of your imagination.

Hi ho hi ho it's off to cash that fat paycheck I go....

Jealous?
Of what?
Working 40 however many years in this S*hole hardly
Headed out to the pool toodaloo
D68C6AAB-870D-4BAA-A90B-0F63CC4C9EC3.jpeg

This thread is about a making a mistake. Forgetting to fuel your truck or putting the wrong fuel in your truck is a lot different than being accused of stealing time.

You questioning that guy? Dude, he's been here like forever, seen and done all big brown has to offer, he's got a bunch of degrees, I hear he can fly, and he turned a hand cart into one of the best investments of his life....you'd better tread lightly, you might be outta your depth bro.

quad decade guy

You questioning that guy? Dude, he's been here like forever, seen and done all big brown has to offer, he's got a bunch of degrees, I hear he can fly, and he turned a hand cart into one of the best investments of his life....you'd better tread lightly, you might be outta your depth bro.
True that. Doesn't know me....

What I do know.....I've never mistaken unleaded for diesel fuel.

You didn't mention that I'm also a Certified Aircraft Mechanic(A & P)(most proud of that one).

Correction: I haven't done ALL big brown has to offer......to be clear.

BTW, I'd be glad to offer career advice to help anyone try to have a long and profitable(lucrative) career.

quad decade guy

Exactly...
Stealing time=dishonesty

Well, the part you are not grasping is that "accusations" do not equate guilt. Would you consider that say a sleeper or even a mileage driver could fill out a delay sheet incorrectly(whatever that means)(and not even knowing it?) and be accused of just about anything.

See, you guys make lot's of assumptions about a lot of things.....

Around here, they fire first and think later. Meanwhile the employee is sitting at home losing pay. I know of dozens and dozens of these cases. Sure they are put back to work but at a great cost(to the employee). And they aren't just dishonesty cases......some are "mistakes" as you call them. These could be just about anything from running a tug into a aircraft to missing 50 NDA letters....mistakes......yes. How about mis-fueling an aircraft......it could happen.....causing the plane to be defueled and service missed?
In the case of the sleeper guy, that's $2500 PER WEEK. Lost. These cases are often settled at the local level and never reach a panel.....nor a dead-lock panel where wages are reinstated.....

Am I here to scare people? Hardly. But I am here to cause awareness of the system.

Everything I have mentioned above has happened. I haven't changed the "goal post".....these are just things that happen and the consequences.

Being "accused" of stealing time(dishonesty)=making a mistake. The outcome is the same(or can be).