Made a sexual joke, got attacked, advice?

Sadman101

Never did. I only responded to the exact wording in the posts without screaming or shouting. In fact, I even typed real slowly so that you could follow along.

Glad it wasn't you, that you still have your job, and kudos for trying to help a friend.

Never claimed to be a teacher, and sometimes my "advice" does not seem to come out as I intended. But here, I think we all agree that your friend knew he was going to be discharged if he didn't resign, and he knew this fact before he actually resigned.
Not true. You listed several things and acted like I didn't believe them. If you directly responded, why is it I agreed with you? You said I believed things I never even hinted at. Let's pretend you are 100% right, that doesnt change the fact that you were extremely dishonest in your representation.

My friend, more of an acquaintance really, works hard to support his family and I just didn't want to see him give up so easily when peak season is the one time of the year he gets some decent bonuses. All based off some nonsense that 99% of workers in a "less formal" work situations have experienced.

I can't really agree that that is what happened as I only know because of what mutual friends have said of the situation. So as far as I know, it could be wayyyyy worse or way better.
Watch what happens to you.... Or, your "friend".
What does that even mean? Is that a threat? Please tell me it is. Go on, continue. Don't stop there, kid, let's hear more tough internet talk. Don't be scared now.

And you can believe me on the friend stuff or not, checking the time stamps and the ip location proves it. No UPS anywhere near where I posted.
I still want to know what buddy muddying is. Were they making Chex mix at work? Kinda sounds like more than sexual jokes to me.

Autocorrected buddy buddying lolol.

Chex mix at work sounds amazing though.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Not true. You listed several things and acted like I didn't believe them. If you directly responded, why is it I agreed with you? You said I believed things I never even hinted at. Let's pretend you are 100% right, that doesnt change the fact that you were extremely dishonest in your representation.

My friend, more of an acquaintance really, works hard to support his family and I just didn't want to see him give up so easily when peak season is the one time of the year he gets some decent bonuses. All based off some nonsense that 99% of workers in a "less formal" work situations have experienced.

I can't really agree that that is what happened as I only know because of what mutual friends have said of the situation. So as far as I know, it could be wayyyyy worse or way better.

What does that even mean? Is that a threat? Please tell me it is. Go on, continue. Don't stop there, kid, let's hear more tough internet talk. Don't be scared now.

And you can believe me on the friend stuff or not, checking the time stamps and the ip location proves it. No UPS anywhere near where I posted.

Autocorrected buddy buddying lolol.

Chex mix at work sounds amazing though.

You don't even remember what you said anymore. Oh, that wasn't even you involved, you heard this second hand.

But, let's look at what you said first. You said that the labor manager said to resign, or be fired. You said this twice before even mentioning his threat of a reduction in hours.

Maybe I had to read between the lines because you kept changing the story, or didn't even know the story.

Here is your first 2 responses...

The labor director basically screamed at me to give him my badge and leave and be fired for sexual harrassment or resign after I asked for a day to think.

And he said if I didn't we would fire me in a week and refuse to give me work until then. The shop steward agreed with him for some reason.

Then, you changed your story...Do you even remember the second hand facts?

As I said to others, the labor director was demanding i give him my badge and leave and he wasnt going to schedule me and fire me for sexual harassment if I didn't resign

That is all friend'in stupid considering he literally broke the law saying he was going to take away all my hours to force me to resign.

The threat was hours would be made ZERO if I didnt resign.

Quick recap in case reading that much is difficult for you. With a little added detail.
Event happens,
I post,
continue arguing,
he then tells me he will cut my hours to 0 if I dont resign.
I ask the shop steward directly next to him.
Shop steward supports him.
I ask for time, he freaks out, screams to give me the badge while getting in my face.
This continues for a bit while I keep telling him I'm just asking for time to think.
Shop steward calms him down.
He reaffirms that he can do whatever he wants and I have to sign or else I get no hours scheduled.
Other supes agree I should sign.
Shop steward tells me to sign and recommends I go to the union and get a different job.
Etc
Etc
Etc
I sign the paper.

He didn't say Discharge. He said reduction of hours.

he threatened to not schedule me?

Are you purposely ignoring the fact he said be fired, scheduled no hours OR resign?

He threatened to take my badge and fire me on the spot AFTER threatening to not schedule me

If he said he was going to reduce my hours then after said he was going to fire me because I didn't accept his terms, how is that the same.

Afterwards he said he would fire me completely

Overpaid Union Thug

upload_2019-12-19_6-50-28.jpeg

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We had a couple of female drivers who had the yellow load stands on their cars in order to safely reach the top shelves.
We have a shorty, she's 4'10". Her route is too bulked to keep a load stand but another driver who does aluminum welding, made her a set of steps that has just enough room for two feet to stand on and just high enough for her to reach the back of the 3,7,1,and 5 shelves. It has a handle so she can move it around easily and it stows away nicely under the 4 shelf.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a shorty, she's 4'10". Her route is too bulked to keep a load stand but another driver who does aluminum welding, made her a set of steps that has just enough room for two feet to stand on and just high enough for her to reach the back of the 3,7,1,and 5 shelves. It has a handle so she can move it around easily and it stows away nicely under the 4 shelf.

I had a vertically challenged helper one year-----his father was (and still is) a 22.3----and I would screw with him by asking him to clear off the camera above the rear door. After a couple of tries I would walk over, get on my tippy toes and clean it off for him.

Sadman101

Here are some of the things you said that were dishonest.
Threatening you and pressuring you with what?

A discharge if you did not resign? Not illegal
Never said this.
Leaving out the context.

And yes, he can discharge (fire) you for sexual harassment.
Never said he couldn't. I said IF he couldn't, based on what others said.
And yes, it is legal, meaning it is not illegal, for him to ask you to resign instead of being discharged (fired).
Never said that it was. This ignores context.

Then, you changed your story...Do you even remember the second hand facts?
No story change at all. You are either not understanding or choosing not to understand. I have always said there were 3 options. You can't use where I list 2 based on context and say I changed my story from earlier when I listed all 3. It's called CONTEXT.
Sadly it appears that @Sadman101 is full of :censored2:
At least Mugarolla actually has the stones to put his point out there. He isn't being a coward making empty threats, pathetic insults or useless contributions. Much respect to him.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
At least Mugarolla actually has the stones to put his point out there. He isn't being a coward making empty threats, pathetic insults or useless contributions. Much respect to him.

I stand by my statement

you seem awfully invested in this for being only an “acquaintance”

here’s some advice MYOB

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Never said he couldn't. I said IF he couldn't, based on what others said.

OK.

You "implied" that he couldn't based on others. You still said it. It doesn't matter on what your opinion was based on.

Where is this magical word "if" that you are now claiming you used? You are the one bent on context. Where is it?

Here, let me help you remember what you said...

Tell that to the forum. I only implied he couldnt based on what others said.

And then you changed your story...

No story change at all. You are either not understanding or choosing not to understand. I have always said there were 3 options. You can't use where I list 2 based on context and say I changed my story from earlier when I listed all 3. It's called CONTEXT.

It's not called context, it's called timeline.

Your first 2 posts you said that the labor manager said to resign or be fired.

When you got called out on this, you then altered your timeline of what, and when, was said. Sorry, but that is called changing your story.

Never said that it was. This ignores context.

You're delusional about the meaning of either resign, or be fired for sexual harassment. And being fired means you will not be scheduled and will receive no hours, but you will still be a UPS employee, at least for the time being.

If you still don't understand this, ask your Steward what would have happened to you if you didn't resign.

Thanks for playing...

Sadman101

I stand by my statement

you seem awfully invested in this for being only an “acquaintance”

here’s some advice MYOB
More like I have an issue with stupid people. And like you, I dont mind wasting my time debating with them. Ask anyone who knows the person in question he is the polar opposite of how I am. The only thing I'm invested in is my logic, which is being called into question.

OK.

You "implied" that he couldn't based on others. You still said it. It doesn't matter on what your opinion was based on.

Where is this magical word "if" that you are now claiming you used? You are the one bent on context. Where is it?

Here, let me help you remember what you said...
Ask...and ye shall...receive.

Constructive Discharge 100% applies in this situation. Especially if he could not fire me.
Satisfied?

And no, none of my logic was based on whether or not he COULD fire "me", only that it would be worse for them legally IF he COULDN'T fire "me".
It's not called context, it's called timeline.

Your first 2 posts you said that the labor manager said to resign or be fired.

When you got called out on this, you then altered your timeline of what, and when, was said. Sorry, but that is called changing your story.
Huh? First off that's all the information I had at the time. By the time I found out he did resign, I then added that in. I didn't CHANGE the story, I added more detail. Nothing in what I said contradicts anything else. Secondly, me adding additional detail doesn't change anything, EXCEPT, whether or not you are correct. The stuff I added, which I added before you posted, was all there for you to see. It's not my fault you didn't read it. So saying I changed my story when I simply ADDED more information that you either didnt read, missed or ignored is 100% false. The funny thing is, I have left out information that supports my case in order to NOT be accused of changing my story because I didn't put that information in before we started talking.
You're delusional about the meaning of either resign, or be fired for sexual harassment. And being fired means you will not be scheduled and will receive no hours, but you will still be a UPS employee, at least for the time being.

If you still don't understand this, ask your Steward what would have happened to you if you didn't resign.

Thanks for playing...
What you continue to not understand is that you are ASSUMING this was legal. Being scheduled no hours but still being employed is illegal, no?

Answer this one friend'n thing. Is it possible for him to do something against the rules?

If yes, then your point is utterly irrelevant. It's pure assumption. No actual fact behind it. Your argument boils down to this. The thief didn't take the gold was because stealing is illegal meaning he must have purchased it legally. And buying gold isn't a crime so let the man go. That's bogus logic, dude. You can't say he wasn't breaking the rules because he isn't allowed to therefore you assume he meant something else. That's horrible logic.

My point is by saying 3 different options, they were all different. You are saying, without any reason, that 2 of those options are the same. That's crazy. I understand your point completely, and your point is not wrong, it's just not applicable to THIS situation because of the 3rd option presented. If he simply said quit or be fired, you would be 100% right, open and shut case. But the 3rd option is what makes this different and pretending it doesnt exist is wild to me.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I know who